Current time: 16/04/2024, 06:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

HTL Buses
RE: HTL Buses
We're just going around in circles here, they already have one rental bus in as it is and GFJ is hardly out every day all day and while I agree it shouldn't be out at all it could be a case of that service being dropped altogether.

Speaking of the rental bus, SN15 LRK was out on the 60/140/141 tonight.

HTL are replacing their Wayfarers with Ticketer machines too, I have been told by the end of this month it should be happening so really any time soon.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Will they be accepting contactless payments as well? I'm shocked to see HTL getting new tech before Arriva haha.
Merseytravel are renting them to Cumfy and HTL and the other smaller companies, should be contactless and all tracked by merseytravel so they can see the delays across the network finally and adjust in future
(09/02/2019 23:58)CX06 EBK Wrote:  PNK needs a new engine and certain other buses that were available such as JZT have been lost to circumstances outside of the companies control.

Will PNK return in the future once its engine is replaced (thats if it does)
(11/02/2019 17:49)mr t Wrote:  Merseytravel are renting them to Cumfy and HTL and the other smaller companies, should be contactless and all tracked by merseytravel so they can see the delays across the network finally and adjust in future

HTL are usually punctual on the 36 and Cumfybus are on the Maghull Circulars. Mind you, both are easy routes to run.
(11/02/2019 17:49)mr t Wrote:  Merseytravel are renting them to Cumfy and HTL and the other smaller companies, should be contactless and all tracked by merseytravel so they can see the delays across the network finally and adjust in future
Renting them... Interesting thing for them to do.
One a few good things which Merseytravel have done. I hope it goes well for HTL. They are good little machines really.
(12/02/2019 02:01)iMarkeh Wrote:  Renting them... Interesting thing for them to do.
One a few good things which Merseytravel have done. I hope it goes well for HTL. They are good little machines really.

Merseytravel have done this in the past as they done it with supertravel up untill they went bust.
(12/02/2019 02:01)iMarkeh Wrote:  Renting them... Interesting thing for them to do.

TFGM have done the same in Manchester. Some operators were unwilling to buy upto date equipment so it was rented to them to enable smart cards to be rolled out.
The current Wayfarers are owned by Merseytravel anyway so it is pretty much the same agreement.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(14/02/2019 15:29)CX06 EBK Wrote:  The current Wayfarers are owned by Merseytravel anyway so it is pretty much the same agreement.

Its a common practice for the local authotiies to loan ticketing machines to operators. When GHA recieved tickerer machines for Manchester work in 2016 they were owned by TFGM.

In North West Wales, Gwynedd, Anglesey and Conwy council have replaced their Wayfarers with tickiter Machines, Data can be centrelised direct to the local authority

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)