Current time: 05/05/2024, 02:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

HTL Buses
RE: HTL Buses
HTL must be exempt from the DDA compliancy rules as there buses are still running around with little tiny boards that you cant see in the window lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/01/2016 17:08)motormayhem1 Wrote:  HTL must be exempt from the DDA compliancy rules as there buses are still running around with little tiny boards that you cant see in the window lol
Perhaps they applied for an exemption under Section 43 of the DDA 1995, with the Secretary of State authorising the use of a non-complying service vehicle following a full accessibility inspection for a special authorisation order. Laugh

I joke of course but I did read somewhere that you can display destination information in the windscreen so long as it meets the same character standards, and that the vehicle has met all of the other DDA measures, and that the destination board has to be faulty/unable to display the destination (So long as it's intended to be fixed). For example if a bus was running short on NYE (such as the last 89 to Belle Vale) and Belle Vale isn't available on the blind, you can show "89 Belle Vale" in the front window closest to the doors.
(02/01/2016 17:18)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Perhaps they applied for an exemption under Section 43 of the DDA 1995, with the Secretary of State authorising the use of a non-complying service vehicle following a full accessibility inspection for a special authorisation order. Laugh

I joke of course but I did read somewhere that you can display destination information in the windscreen so long as it meets the same character standards, and that the vehicle has met all of the other DDA measures, and that the destination board has to be faulty/unable to display the destination (So long as it's intended to be fixed). For example if a bus was running short on NYE (such as the last 89 to Belle Vale) and Belle Vale isn't available on the blind, you can show "89 Belle Vale" in the front window closest to the doors.

Upon posting this I've since read that these relaxations apply only for the first 21 days of
operation of such services with the vehicle.
J8 HTL and YJ11 EKK were on the 196/147 tonight in place of YJ61MOA/F.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
there was a 11 plate solo twice on the 603 last week nearly always the 12 plate

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(16/01/2016 02:22)SLTRegular Wrote:  there was a 11 plate solo twice on the 603 last week nearly always the 12 plate

Theirs always a solo on there and can be any reg
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Anyone know what Solo was involved in the accident on the 206 earlier?
YD63 VCE or YD63 VCG apparently

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It was VCE involved in the accident today.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Solo YJ10MBF is now on its was to Dawsonrentals to HTL!

Not sure how long it is going to be at HTL for, probably until YD63VCE comes back from repairs?

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)