Current time: 03/05/2024, 21:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Boxing Day Bus Services
RE: Boxing Day Bus Services
When huyton use to be open speke ran there services over the boxing/newyears day as i remember having a decker on the 10B a palantine,as it tends to be the smaller depots stay shut as green lane is a larger depot than bootle.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I remember in the early years of deregulation Green Lane operated all of Laird Streets routes , but im going back a good few years now .
As I mentioned earlier, in the early days of dereg, smaller operators would take on routes Christmas Day/Boxing Day/New Years Day - the 10A for example on Christmas Day has over the years seen Avon, HTL and ACE Travel running it and I recall one year Liverbus running the 110 and 210 (they reverted to their Merseytravel numbers at that time). Also over the years, the likes of Ogdens, South Lancs (the first incarnation), CMT and Blue Triangle have run routes in the St Helens Area on Boxing Day/New Years Day, so I can understand Merseybus with a greatly reduced output only running from some depots.
(28/12/2012 19:09)St Helens Rider Wrote:  As I mentioned earlier, in the early days of dereg, smaller operators would take on routes Christmas Day/Boxing Day/New Years Day - the 10A for example on Christmas Day has over the years seen Avon, HTL and ACE Travel running it and I recall one year Liverbus running the 110 and 210 (they reverted to their Merseytravel numbers at that time). Also over the years, the likes of Ogdens, South Lancs (the first incarnation), CMT and Blue Triangle have run routes in the St Helens Area on Boxing Day/New Years Day, so I can understand Merseybus with a greatly reduced output only running from some depots.

I seem to remember CMT Buses running the 101 between New Brighton and Woodside - on a Boxing Day.
I think Green Lane have nearly always been used to cover other depots at boxing day/new years day even going back to merseybus days. When I lived in Kirkby and used to work in the city centre a GL E-WGB olympian always seem to turn up instead of a Gillmoss bus.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)