Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Boxing Day Bus Services
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
overall i would say this year has been a let down with the bus services offered in merseyside, i got the first 10A of the day for liverpool and by the time we got to old swan we was driving past people at will

in Queen Square i watched the 10A, 12, 13, 14 and 20 all leaving people behind as there was just no room

twice i nipped over the water to birkenhead bus station both times coming back into liverpool i found myself stood up on a double decker! and as for first and their service 1 sir thomas street 9:45am there was at least 50 people waiting for the bus most of them for cheshire oaks first bus from the city centre was only at 10:17 so god knows how many was there when the bus did turn up

some major improvements are needed for next year.
As I said when commenting on the Christmas/New Year leaflet, Boxing Day should really be looked at like a Saturday with all resources pooled towards it and then there should be a greatly reduced service New Years Day to compensate. It dosen't help that there are no trains on Boxing Day - perhaps the train companies should consider swapping New Years Day for Boxing Day.

I only made a local journey on the 35 this afternoon which had the misleading destination of Gillars Green via St Helens Hospital (the service was only running St Helens - Gillars Green, thus going nowhere near the Hospital).
lol, what buses was used on st helens locals today? i spent the day all over liverpool and into birkenhead
2991 was on 35s - didn't manage to see anything else.
thanks mate
Unfortunately, there's little positive to say about today's allocations. Completely short on capacity on countless routes, especially to north Liverpool. About the only praise is reserved for Speke, whose city centre routes were at least double decked throughout. Elsewhere, Green Lane operated Bootle's routes and completely fell short - a major city-serving depot with no deckers is a ludicrous situation - while Birkenhead had a single decker or two out on its routes as well. Southport failed to provide B7s on its 47 route unlike last year. Only saw some of Stagecoach's 86s and 82s, and as per for this operator when things get busy, the Tridents were nowhere to be seen.

Massive improvements are needed throughout Liverpool in terms of meeting supply with demand. The sight of dreadfully overcrowded and often completely full buses on routes such as the 10, 12/13, 20/21, 52 and others should hardly be seen at all, never mind on Boxing Day when the trains don't run and half of Merseyside descends on the city centre.
was funny all the 1's was single deck really only route that seemed ok was the 500 with deckers on
Biggest problem is the lack of evening service on Boxing Day/New Years Day made worse on Boxing Day with no Rail services, although some services finished later. On some of the Wirral routes there was 1 hour gap from 2nd to last to the last service which is not good enough when the service was every 30 min until the 2nd to last service.
I was in Golborne for Boxing Day, there was no service at all there from Stagecoach Wigan so count yourselves lucky you had something!
Maybe, but it can certainly be argued that a major urban bus service such as the 52 is considerably higher on the list of priorities than a route serving the likes of Golborne.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's