Current time: 08/05/2024, 19:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First West & North Yorkshire
RE: First West & North Yorkshire
I am still in 2 minds about whether to go to Leeds on the August Bank Holiday or Saturday October 27th, the day before the clocks go back. I may be willing to go in October but I have read a report that route 72 will gain FTRs "at the end of October", which I am concerned may mean Sunday 28th. If this seems likely, I would come on the ABH and then next at a later date, maybe early in the new year.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/08/2012 20:03)Metroline1511 Wrote:  When I was at ExCel yesterday, the security guy at the Park & Ride stop confirmed I couldn't ride the buses. However, he did say the new 12-reg Volvo B9TLs "will be in Leeds before long anyway". Maybe they are destined for route 4 and to enable more Olympians to be withdrawn, or even B7TLs to be cascaded elsewhere?

there seems to be confuison over what new buses are coming here and Manchester i get a montly news magaizne called M & T news and it says 33656 to 33755 are coming here and the B9s to Manchester
well,ive heard from various forums & magazines is that Leeds are getting some ADL Enviro 400 & Also a "small number" of Volvo B9TLs for Service 4,The Volvo Olympians at leeds are being Replaced by presidents/ALX400s,The olympians at huddersfield & halifax are also to be replaced by Presidents & ALX400s,Huddersfields 308-316 Are to gain "Newer Buses" & the ex-leeds ALX400s are to convert all school services to Low Floor,Bradford olympians will be replaced by ALX400 from services 645,680 with Ex-Volvo B9TLs going onto these routes,Services 617/8 Are to get converted to an almost full double decker operation (PVR is 11 - 8 DDs & 3SD) With Volvo B7RLEs being branded instead of Volvo B7Ls,once this is done the onley buses need to be replaced are some of huddersfields/Halifax dennis darts as they aint fully DDA ready (some have got a space but no ramp & i think a couple havent even got a space)
(12/08/2012 21:24)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  well,ive heard from various forums & magazines is that Leeds are getting some ADL Enviro 400 & Also a "small number" of Volvo B9TLs for Service 4,The Volvo Olympians at leeds are being Replaced by presidents/ALX400s,The olympians at huddersfield & halifax are also to be replaced by Presidents & ALX400s,Huddersfields 308-316 Are to gain "Newer Buses" & the ex-leeds ALX400s are to convert all school services to Low Floor,Bradford olympians will be replaced by ALX400 from services 645,680 with Ex-Volvo B9TLs going onto these routes,Services 617/8 Are to get converted to an almost full double decker operation (PVR is 11 - 8 DDs & 3SD) With Volvo B7RLEs being branded instead of Volvo B7Ls,once this is done the onley buses need to be replaced are some of huddersfields/Halifax dennis darts as they aint fully DDA ready (some have got a space but no ramp & i think a couple havent even got a space)

drivers over here where training at Oldham and Bolton in Enviro400s both depots are getting 50 new buses each

also still running with First Pioneer bus are former Halifax darts 40871/78/79/42175 40871 still sounding really good 42175 sounds to need retiring now
(12/08/2012 20:17)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  
(12/08/2012 20:03)Metroline1511 Wrote:  When I was at ExCel yesterday, the security guy at the Park & Ride stop confirmed I couldn't ride the buses. However, he did say the new 12-reg Volvo B9TLs "will be in Leeds before long anyway". Maybe they are destined for route 4 and to enable more Olympians to be withdrawn, or even B7TLs to be cascaded elsewhere?

Service 4 Is getting Ex-Olympic buses (even though nobody knows what type),FTRs are going onto 72,72 B9TLs are going onto service 617/8 & 607,Volvo B7Ls are ment to be going elsewere

In Other News,Service 363 Is to be renumberd X63,Following X6 Route but using all stops (in other words - following current 363 But missing Out Odsal Top)

Have to say I was puzzled a little with the re-numbering of the 363 to X63. Wondered whether it would have been better just to re-route the 363 not to stop on the slip roads at Odsal Top and kept all journeys as a 363, as Odsal Top would still be served by the 622/623/626.

The re-timing of the 363/X63 is a good move though, as it now gives a more even spacing between the X6 and X63, as there will be a departure from Huddersfield or Bradford every 10 mins (08, 18, 28, 38, 48, 58 from Hudds, 00, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 from Bradford).

Another major change next month is in Pudsey. 14 Monday-Saturday daytime service is replaced by new circular X14/X15 services between Leeds and Pudsey (current X14 is withdrawn and additional 5 journeys between Leeds and Halton Moor), with X14 running from Leeds via Swinnow then around Pudsey area (Valley Road and Chapeltown) before heading to Pudsey bus station and back onto Leeds via Stanningley Road. X15 runs reverse. X11 will be curtailed to run between Bradford and Pudsey as the 611.
another thing is that with the X63 it also saves a PVR of 1 - Currently 363 Enters Huddersfield Bus Stn Between 1 min before or 2 Min After 1 has left (Current buses leave huddersfield at 00,20,40 & arrive from bradford between 59-02,19-22,39-42 with a 15 layover),a saving of 4 mins with the X63 will mean it has about 3-4 min layover time in huddersfield so it will be a tight scedule,another thing ive heard is that going towards huddersfield it will onley drop off outside Fartown Police Stn like on X6,It will be wierd for the people of huddersfield as its been know as the 363 For years now (& the 63/64 Before that),I Carnt see 611 being a big success as most people who used X11 Got on around Pudsey waterloo area wanting a quicker way into leeds apart from Service 4 - I Expect 611 is to be run by solos (unless bramleys operating it) - i wounder how well the 4 Extension to thornbury will used
its been confirmed by Hunslet Park Drivers that the ex-olympic buses are being sent to:
100 Gemini's to West Yorkshire
9 Enviro's to West Country (resuming the Plymouth P&R work)
91 Enviro's to Greater Manchester
The refurbished Tridents to South Yorkshire
(13/08/2012 20:59)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  another thing is that with the X63 it also saves a PVR of 1 - Currently 363 Enters Huddersfield Bus Stn Between 1 min before or 2 Min After 1 has left (Current buses leave huddersfield at 00,20,40 & arrive from bradford between 59-02,19-22,39-42 with a 15 layover),a saving of 4 mins with the X63 will mean it has about 3-4 min layover time in huddersfield so it will be a tight scedule,another thing ive heard is that going towards huddersfield it will onley drop off outside Fartown Police Stn like on X6,It will be wierd for the people of huddersfield as its been know as the 363 For years now (& the 63/64 Before that),I Carnt see 611 being a big success as most people who used X11 Got on around Pudsey waterloo area wanting a quicker way into leeds apart from Service 4 - I Expect 611 is to be run by solos (unless bramleys operating it) - i wounder how well the 4 Extension to thornbury will used

On the Traveline Yorkshire website, it has the operator as First Leeds, so I would assume it will be operated by Bramley depot.
just read on Manchester thread that 32453 to 58 are only at Rock Ferry temp and may come back to Yorkshire and thanks for updates on due buses
40346 now withdrawn and replaced by 30239 at Halifax

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)