Current time: 26/04/2024, 07:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
(02/09/2018 01:41)mr t Wrote:  Exactly right. The 500 is literally full every Friday afternoon and Monday with people coming to Liverpool for the weekend. At least in its current state extras can be run from the Airport or L one if demand is that high, but will Runcorn even have an inspector at the airport and L One to monitor the route, never mind have a spare bus ready- highly unlikely... I cannot wait for all the complaints to come in from this week, but I really feel for the drivers as they are the ones going to get it in the neck from passengers.
If it was going to be the single decker ran it needs to be every 15 mins for the whole length in my head

I have a funny fealing that this may lead a open opportunity for Stagecoach
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/09/2018 10:18)TheShire Wrote:  I have a funny fealing that this may lead a open opportunity for Stagecoach

Totally agree, this is something that could really lead to a big opening in South Liverpool and Halton for Stagecoach

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(02/09/2018 08:41)Barney Wrote:  The 8.05 from Murdishaw travelling through Aigburth towards Liverpool is running 12 minutes late, according to Arriva's own site. And this is Sunday morning before the shops open. Late running will be easy to spot but overcrowding and leaving passengers at the stop won't be logged anywhere unless there are boots on the ground

The Arriva site has the 11.05 departure from Runcorn running 11 late, as is the 11.51 from Liverpool One, couple of others on time at the moment, with one 4 late.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(02/09/2018 11:29)MTL0201 Wrote:  The Arriva site has the 11.05 departure from Runcorn running 11 late, as is the 11.51 from Liverpool One, couple of others on time at the moment, with one 4 late.

Currently, the 13.51 from L 1 is +17, the 14.21 is +36 and the 15.51 is +9. Is it 42 days' notice has to be given for a change of service or frequency?
(02/09/2018 14:16)Barney Wrote:  Currently, the 13.51 from L 1 is +17, the 14.21 is +36 and the 15.51 is +9. Is it 42 days' notice has to be given for a change of service or frequency?

The 14:21 appears to be running express from Liverpool Airport to Runcorn High Street in a bid to shave some time off it's +36. Now looking like +15.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tf91/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
36 late on a Sunday, so looks like it did an express run Airport to Runcorn, going to be fun this week with Schools back, & a load of fuming passengers.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(02/09/2018 15:18)MTL0201 Wrote:  36 late on a Sunday, so looks like it did an express run Airport to Runcorn, going to be fun this week with Schools back, & a load of fuming passengers.

Am I correct in thinking that, other than using mobile phones, there is no means of communication between Runcorn drivers and the depot as their vehicles are not fitted with two-way radios?
Cadet 2538 is on the 500.
(02/09/2018 15:50)Barney Wrote:  Am I correct in thinking that, other than using mobile phones, there is no means of communication between Runcorn drivers and the depot as their vehicles are not fitted with two-way radios?

That is correct. Unless something has been fitted very recently, there are no two-way radios when I was last on Runcorns buses.
The 500s have all received branding over night,

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)