Current time: 08/05/2024, 04:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Group Speculation
RE: Rock Ferry & Stagecoach Speculation
I would'nt of thought they would need clearance as Stagecoach do not operate on the wirral, if they were to get Rockferry and Chester do you think they would combine both depots?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/09/2012 20:17)chester285 Wrote:  I would'nt of thought they would need clearance as Stagecoach do not operate on the wirral, if they were to get Rockferry and Chester do you think they would combine both depots?

Other than the Park and Ride contract, are Chester depot's routes profitable?
(02/09/2012 20:17)chester285 Wrote:  I would'nt of thought they would need clearance as Stagecoach do not operate on the wirral, if they were to get Rockferry and Chester do you think they would combine both depots?

It could be a possibility its just finding a site suitable , the nearer you site the depot towards Chester the viability of the 38 comes into question , the 471/2 work could be interworked off the 1/2 work so not much of a problem .
(03/09/2012 05:25)First Class Wrote:  

Other than the Park and Ride contract, are Chester depot's routes profitable?

They are as far as I know.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Just to be on the safe side and to save being unfair towards staff still working for any companies involved, can we please keep away from speculating as to the certainty of people's jobs until anything with regards to that is fully announced by any company involved.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Has there been any confirmed updates A friend of mine who works at Rock Ferry said to me that all he has been told is sometime in October/November he will have to sign a contract with the new operator as it will no longer be first he personally thinks Stagecoach but he does not 100% have any idea
You will have to watch out as the stock exchange takes a dim view of details of depot sell offs not being issued to the stock exchange first , it can be deemed as information likely to be used for insider trading before an official statement is issued .

Any announcement will be announced between 8 and 8.30am before the FTSE index opens for business .
I think if somebody on the forum knows something they will post it, until then we should really leave it alone.
(18/09/2012 11:33)P450 SWX Wrote:  Has there been any confirmed updates A friend of mine who works at Rock Ferry said to me that all he has been told is sometime in October/November he will have to sign a contract with the new operator as it will no longer be first he personally thinks Stagecoach but he does not 100% have any idea
Unless information like that is 100%, think very carefully before posting it as, whilst you're not specifically naming names, I'm sure it wouldn't take much for the company to establish whom it was releasing such information. We don't want to be getting into a situation of causing problems for companies or their drivers.

MPTE is correct, unless something 100% confirmed and from the company is published/announced it's best not to speculate or post idle gossip.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
First Manchester Potential sale of Wigan Depot
I am choosing my words very carefully in posting this thread, Just as an extention to the Rock Ferry Chester Thread.

Wigan is subject of a lot of rumors and gossip at the moment, suggesting that Stagecoach are looking at taking the depot, and the deal will be done within three months. Personally seems highly doubtful.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)