Current time: 19/04/2024, 21:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Group Speculation
Rock Ferry & Stagecoach Speculation
It (IMO) is pretty apparent that Stagecoach are preparing to buy Rock Ferry depot and operations.

So, as this is the random/off topic section, I think it might be a good place to have a good bit of rumour and speculation to save clogging up the main thread.

So, if Stagecoach take over:

1) Is it likely they will change any of the existing routes? Well, I think they probably will. I suspect a bit more head to head competition against Arriva.

2) Will the buses be replaced? If anything like Merseyside, they got rid of a load of sheds with semi-decent to new vehicles. May move to a more standard Stagecoach fleet.

3) Will they also get Chester? I really don't know, but would certainly be a very well placed strategic depot for competing against Arriva.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Rock Ferry & Stagecoach Speculation
Anyone's guess really what can happen really! As seen with GTL Stagecoach replaced a lot of the older fleet very quickly but that is only assuming the sale does indeed go to Stagecoach! Could be they are just looking around at the moment!

I will leave this thread in, for now, but if the discussion gets to a point where speculation seems to be being considered fact (without proof) I will have to close the thread but I'm sure most members understand this and will remember it is all speculation!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
It certainly will be interesting if Stagecoach take over, there's so many factors to consider. The buses, the Quality Partnerships, the fact that Rock Ferry is getting a large amount of buses cascaded in. It's anyone's guess really, but considering Stagecoach have been up there yet again today I wouldn't at all be surprised if Stagecoach takeover.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
1. Yes - if First are selling it, it isn't making much money. Therefore something has to change.

2. Again, yes. Non-standard, aging (to Stagecoach standards) fleet will almost certainly need replacement, though not necessarily with brand new and not right away.

3. No comment.
As this is still not exactly gospel yet , what could happen to make Rock Ferry and Chester more profitable , i see nothing that could instantly change the situation.

The two areas Liverpool - Chester and Liverpool - Heswall now stuck in a Quality partnership and there probably isnt much room to change anything there .

On the Wirral the 38 looks a jack of all trades anything goes vehicle wise sort of route . The 41/42 seem to have lost there way since the end of the Smart regime and could do with either a refresh or rebrand .
If this takeover does happen I agree with Mbonwick that new buses will not arrive straight away, it will probably a similar thing to what happened at GTL when B10Ms & a few olympians were brought in, Obviously it will not be B10Ms and probably not olympians brought in but it will be some vehicles in good condition brought in until new vehicles eventually arrive to replace any buses that First have that are way past their best. Anyway, this is a little way ahead and we need to see what happens and wait until we have some solid confirmation.
I have heard rumours that First are selling Wigan, Birkenhead and Chester as a sort of job lot but obviously this is UNCONFIRMED at present. If this is the case and Stagecoach have bought these depots (and again I do strees if), it will fill in the Stagecoach gap between Gillmoss and Chorley as well as extend to Chester. Could be interesting times ahead if this takes place.
I've also heard that the 3 depots are going as a job lot. The cynic in me wonders whether is was insider rumours of a First selloff that prompted the split up and reforming for Stagecoach NW/Merseyside.

Having seen what First Barnstaples network was like, Stagecoach could reduce costs quite significantly by improving interworking, something which they are rather good at. This would probably require a few minor timetable changes.
Well all I can say is good luck to them if Stagecoach do get Rock Ferry and Chester. It is time for change I think.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
With the 2 stagwcoach Minibuses with drivers in and around rock ferry depot the other day something is going on.

a few weeks ago there was a notice in RF stating Stagecoach are taking over RF in October but the day it got put up a union guy pulled it down my mate said it was a official poster fron First Manchester head office in Oldham

and if you ask some Rock Ferry drivrrs and chester its mostly
Rock Ferry drivers recon Stagecoach
chester drivers are split between Go Ahead or Abillo

so I dunno whats going on lets just wait and see

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)