Current time: 26/04/2024, 23:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fairbrother's of Warrington
RE: Fairbrothers of Warrington
(10/08/2012 13:26)DVL418 Wrote:  Can anyone post details of the timetable and routes of Fairbrother's newly introduced services as I can't find anything on WBC's website Angry

I don't think that WBC is overly fond of the operators other than WBT!

1c

Warrington -- | ---- 0900 -------------- 1730
Victoria Park | ---- 0905 -------------- 1735
Westy ------- | 0845 0915 every 15 until 1745
Latchford --- | 0849 0919 -------------- 1749
Warrington -- | 0857 0927 -------------- 1757

The 1430, 1445, 1500 and 1515 journeys ex Interchange are all Saturday and school holidays only.

21h

Warrington ----- | 0850 -------------- 1750
Orford Avenue -- | 0857 -------------- 1757
Capesthorne Road | 0900 -------------- 1800
Longford ------- | 0907 every 30 until 1807
Dallam --------- | 0915 -------------- 1815
Hospital ------- | 0920 -------------- 1820
Warrington ----- | 0926 -------------- 1826

The 1420 and 1450 ex Interchange journeys are Saturday and school holidays only.
The final 1750 ex Interchange journey is Saturday only.

EDIT: Just found that they have a website! See http://www.pound2town.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Got an interview Monday with them. Really nice guy I spoke to so hopefully fingers crossed....looks like they are after a share of the Network Warrington market, lets hope they make a success of it!!!
(10/08/2012 15:24)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Got an interview Monday with them. Really nice guy I spoke to so hopefully fingers crossed....looks like they are after a share of the Network Warrington market, lets hope they make a success of it!!!

Congratulations!

I was speaking with the operations manager yesterday, the guy who came up with the idea of the 1c and 21h.
He was really great to talk to, and is definitely thinking big with these services, with further expansion possible.
In my view, the business model for the 1c will be much more successful than that for the 21h, but we'll see.

It's a good time to get in with this company though, and a much better way of spending the days than just doing a couple of school runs per day!
But, as suggested by the timetables, the lucky few who get to run these services (between 4 and 8 drivers per day, depending on full day or half day working) will also do schools as well.
This is why I think we can expect more deckers out as time goes on, so they don't have to change vehicles for the school runs.
Is the 1C basically the Network Warrington number 1 turning left back up Kingsway South from Richmond Avenue heading back to Knutsford Rd rather than turning right from Richmond Ave onto Kingsway South then left at the lights onto Manchester Rd?

So looking on the site they only have two service routes at the moment? So if successful (fingers crossed) I will just be doing the two service runs all day until the kids get back to school....
(10/08/2012 16:02)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Is the 1C basically the Network Warrington number 1 turning left back up Kingsway South from Richmond Avenue heading back to Knutsford Rd rather than turning right from Richmond Ave onto Kingsway South then left at the lights onto Manchester Rd?

So looking on the site they only have two service routes at the moment? So if successful (fingers crossed) I will just be doing the two service runs all day until the kids get back to school....

Yep, it's basically the 1 until the end of Richmond Ave, where it turns left and continues straight until it picks up the route of the 2.

Just the two public services atm, and during the day they don't interwork so much, meaning it will generally be either full-on 1c with little layover or the 21h's, which have 24mins off after each trip.
It would work quite well if they could do:
1c (xx45-xy12) -> 21h (xy20-xy56) -> 1c (xz00-xz27) and then 18 minutes' layover and repeat at xz45.
It would require the same PVR, but that just isn't how it works!
I hope the Palatine 2's and is it the L-VDM Lympian are seen on these routes regular
Yes an ex Happy Als one Andy, was ok when i went on it back in 2007/8. I doubt theyll be out too often, 271 was only out because one of the low floors broke down!

But I hope so too, 3 silver service ones too, brilliant!

I am no longer active on this forum.
so im guessing if its a £1 flat fare, they wont require ticket machines on board? What about OAPS etc, are they able to board with their passes and do children get half fare rates or is it a pound for everyone??
I was under the impression that Fairbrothers had gone to the Wall they used to be up by Howley Quay Motors on the Estate by Shearings.... Had some real oldies in the yard including some Scrap Jobs moved from being further up the estate I think on the opposite side to Shearings.
From the photos I've seen it looks like they are using Wayfarer 3's, although last time I was in Warrington their school buses had no ticket machines at all.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)