Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Fairbrother's of Warrington
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Will be interesting to see how they grow as they are now running a number of service buses in Warrington. They are offering 'a pound to town' scheme to try and take a cut of Network Warringtons income...

Does anyone know what service buses they are using?
They have four low-floor Volvo B6 with ALX bodywork, formerly of McColls, P-reg and in a yellow and blue livery with prominent "£1 to town" logos. Yesterday was the first day, but some problem meant that former Arriva Palatine 2 N271 CKB also put in an appearance - not using the LED blind, but with a slipboard in the window.

Network Warrington have responded by launching two route-specific buy-on-board weekly tickets, Westy Way (£8 on routes 1 and 2) and Breezer (£9 on routes 16/16A, 20/20A and 21/21A). Merit 37 has an advertising livery for these, and also promotes the new group travel options on the rear end.

There are some photos in the Warrington Buses Flickr group.
(09/08/2012 12:52)RSTurbo50 Wrote: [ -> ]Will be interesting to see how they grow as they are now running a number of service buses in Warrington. They are offering 'a pound to town' scheme to try and take a cut of Network Warringtons income...

Does anyone know what service buses they are using?

Good luck to them, but Howard's tried and failed using a similar marketing approach with their erstwhile 'Poundrider'service linking Widnes & Runcorn which lasted only a few months.
Wasn't that withdrawn due to other reasons?

Anyway the Fairbrother's service might just work, particularly the 21H due to the unique links to the hospital. The only downside is the lack of service in the opposite direction, as that journey still requires two buses as it stands.
I'd like to see them give Warrington a run for their money. Apparently the morale at Warrington is very poor so you may get sme drivers switching over. I don't think the pay is too good though so that may put some,people off....
Actually I think that that decker is now intended for service on these routes, after the fourth B6 didn't make it into service: it has the £1 to town branding (see attached photo), and is apparently getting the display done up for these routes relatively soon.

The only problem is that these services interwork sometimes, so when the decker is out on the 21h, it has to be diverted past McDonald's on Winwick Road, before going on to Bewsey and Dallam.

As for the £8 corpy weekly ticket, I think that Fairbrothers is doing its weekly ticket for £6, so they're still keeping themselves priced into the game!

I'm interested to hear that morale at Warrington is low though.
It seems like an excellent company from a passenger's perspective, but is it not from a driver's?
I was there for only a ver very short period and I could sense tension between management and drivers. After speaking to another driver today, this still appears to be the case.....
So with a MTL LWB Palatine 2 out i might make a visit can anyone tell me if there ones have been refurbished or still sport MTL Seating
(09/08/2012 19:43)P450 SWX Wrote: [ -> ]So with a MTL LWB Palatine 2 out i might make a visit can anyone tell me if there ones have been refurbished or still sport MTL Seating

All still got MTL seating with seat belts fitted.
Can anyone post details of the timetable and routes of Fairbrother's newly introduced services as I can't find anything on WBC's website Angry
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Reference URL's