Current time: 27/04/2024, 08:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(13/12/2014 14:58)mathias Wrote:  January 2015 North Liverpool changes now on Arriva's website, showing a map of the new 63 service.
Includes changes to route 62 Bootle-Penny Lane and route 53A...

http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-west/fl...hliverpool

As feared, but not unexpected, the 63 will operate a 30 minute frequency all day. At the moment the 53A operates on a 20 minute frequency for most of the day (M-Sat) until early evening and then goes to 30 minutes. I am sure that this reduction of service will pose serious problems at peak times, especially when Stagecoach withdraws its 53A peak service on 25th January.

Also, it seems that the 63 will not call at Aintree Station interchange. This will require passengers to alight and board the 63 at the exposed bus stops (that don't even have shelters) on the road bridge some distance from the station. I have just caught a 53A from the station and, along with the other dozen or so passengers, was glad that I didn't have to wait out in the cold wind and torrential rain. I mentioned the forthcoming changes to some of these same passengers and they were visibly shocked by what I told them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot - Barney - 13/12/2014 16:26

User(s) browsing this thread: 46 Guest(s)