Current time: 26/04/2024, 08:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(07/05/2015 17:44)Valandil Wrote:  This would be great, provided 'Knutsford' featured prominently on the display when leaving Warrington -- most people around there probably have no idea where Holmes Chapel is but I'm sure quite a few would like to visit Knutsford.
It would be nice to give High Legh a proper bus service to Warrington again as well.

Holmes Chapel to Knutsford would be a nice to have section but reinstating the Knutsford to Warrington via High Legh part at useful times would be the part where there's potentially more money to be made. The 47 also used to go via Latchford so took an alternative route to the other Lymm-Warrington buses.

An alternative could be extending the 27 Macclesfield-Knutsford bus to Warrington would could be more viable than a separate service.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/05/2015 20:01)Dentonian Wrote:  Not that suitable, as it would require a midi, requiring a midi (plus 100% spare) to be allocated to Sharston. Stockport could run it, but there would be a lot of dead running...on the M60, at peak times....and remote crew reliefs.

A change of operator may increase usage. GHA don't run that much in Greater Manchester and I don't think their Cheshire Day Ticket can be used to Manchester Airport. While you can get a System One DaySaver which would allow you to get a Stagecoach/Arriva bus to the Airport then the 200 to the Viewing Park, it's more expensive than a Stagecoach Day Ticket.
MX58 KZE had it's first day on the 76 today, looks smart in the livery but in my opinion I prefer the old low floor livery!
I can add a few more details to the takeover of Shropshire Bus and Coach –

BV57XZM LDV Maxus - M16 - new November 2007

DU60XTB Ford Transit - M16 - new Sept 2010 to RJ's Wem

FJ56PBU Volvo B12B / Caetano Levante – C49Ft - new in Sept 2006 to Dunn-Line [5616], ex Veolia [5616], ex Dunn, Heanor [4102]

FJ56PBX Volvo B12B Caetano Levante – C49Ft - new in Sept 2006 to Dunn-Line [5618], ex Veolia [5616], ex Dunn, Heanor [4103]

GN53OPM Iveco Daily 50C13 / Euromotive – M10L - new in November 2013 to London Borough of Southwark [4106], ex East Staffs Mobilty Link, Burton on Trent

SF54PXL Iveco Daily 65C15 / NuTrack – B24FL - new in February 2005 to Renfrewshire Council [60/1401]

V199ERA Optare Excel L1150 – B45F - new in October 1999 to Trent (199), ex Travel Wright, Newark on Trent,

V204ENU Optare Excel L1150 – B45F - new in October 1999 to Trent (204), ex Joplin, Tittleshall, ex Birchnall, Dundas & Hoskins, Besthorpe,

WX13VMA Merecedes 313CDI / Swansea Coachworks - new in May 2013 to Britannia Coaches, Dover [420]

Y825UOG Mercedes Sprinter 413CDI / Excel – M16 - new in March 2001 to Gibson, Coventry, ex Holloway, Willenhall,

photos available on my FLICKR site - here

(note correction re reg no of V204ENU)

Together with the new fleet transferred is the existing contracts which are mainly a morning college contract which is undertaken by one of the Excels (the other is a spare) and some Social Service contracts. The Levantes are mainly used for 'Rail Replacement' work. Shropshire Bus and Coach did not run any registered services.

Already based at the new Shrewsbury depot is Volvo B10M / Berkhoff VLT483 which undertakes the Telford run from Reaseheath College. As yet no other vehicles are based here.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Seen today at work in Nantwich were the fleet of new Optare Solo SR's

1201, 1202, 1203 and 1204 - - - - link to photos

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
(24/04/2015 16:52)Valandil Wrote:  For anyone wondering, £250 divided by £7.50 is 34 (rounded up).

I saw the bus arriving in Liverpool last Saturday and it had around that number of passengers on it, so it looks like the service could survive but I'm not sure if will be able to survive year round. I imagine passenger numbers will be lower in the post-Christmas Winter weeks.
Mercedes Beaver T91 JBA has returned to service after being off the road for some time
(11/05/2015 15:34)fordsonmajor2012 Wrote:  MX58 KZE had it's first day on the 76 today, looks smart in the livery but in my opinion I prefer the old low floor livery!

Personally i actually rather like the new livery, its a livery that simply can suit everything, hopefully before long we get to see what a Dart looks like in that livery, quite strange for me to rate something from GHA Wink

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(20/03/2015 22:35)DLG817 Wrote:  .
I have uploaded to my Flickr site at link photos of the new Solo SR's that will shortly be based at Winsford and will work the Nantwich services. YJ15AYH was not photographed as it was still in the paint shop having the final touches to the new livery.

(20/03/2015 23:29)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  God it looks disgusting, i really dont approve of that really prefer the Standard low floor one and considering its had all its vinyls done where is there 'new fleetnumbers'

anyone is entitled to their opinion of course but in mine they look just horrible.

(11/05/2015 15:34)fordsonmajor2012 Wrote:  MX58 KZE had it's first day on the 76 today, looks smart in the livery but in my opinion I prefer the old low floor livery!

(13/05/2015 23:05)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Personally i actually rather like the new livery, its a livery that simply can suit everything, hopefully before long we get to see what a Dart looks like in that livery, quite strange for me to rate something from GHA Wink

What a difference a few weeks makes - nice to see such a conversion !!! LaughLaugh

DLG817
(13/05/2015 23:40)DLG817 Wrote:  What a difference a few weeks makes - nice to see such a conversion !!! LaughLaugh

aye you can change your opinion when you see some decent photos of it Wink

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)