Current time: 15/05/2024, 20:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
What will the future hold for that then? A bit non standard for Cumbria open top fleet, maybe elsewhere
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/07/2016 17:09)DarrenW29 Wrote:  What will the future hold for that then? A bit non standard for Cumbria open top fleet, maybe elsewhere

I would think it will be scrapped. There non standard anyway and there's been lots of speculation about them being withdrawn and sold or cascaded to another group so I would think it's a one way trip to Barnsley but who knows.
(06/07/2016 17:09)DarrenW29 Wrote:  What will the future hold for that then? A bit non standard for Cumbria open top fleet, maybe elsewhere

Who knows, Kendal currently have a President and an Olympian Open top (both the only members of their type at the Depot)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/07/2016 16:49)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  It was 16968 that hit the bridge, there is no 18968 in the fleet.

My mistake, I got the fleet number off the Twitter picture m on my iPhone with no glasses on.
(06/07/2016 19:51)Dentonian Wrote:  Not really, Tridents have been common on the 112/4/8 for some time now, and they've got at least three Enviro400s as well as (untilo yesterday) the two B7TLs.

They had been using that bus on taxi duties over the weekend, as it has technically been withdrawn, so I wonder if the fact that it was all over the place that contributed to the accident.
(09/07/2016 11:25)Dentonian Wrote:  10578-97 are now all confirmed in service at AZ, along with 10608 and almost certainly 10607. 10609-13 are all at HE. 10598 has been reported with three different registrations and at two different depots, so we are no nearer clarifying the situation with this and 10599-606. Indeed, as of last weekend most of these hadn't been delivered, but maybe some will arrive today/tomorrow.
Meanwhile, older Enviro400s seem to be moving, with all early Euro4s up to (at least) 19264 (except 19220/1/35/6/42/7 at ST) transferred to. or earmarked for. Magic Bus ops, replacing the remaining 15+ year old Tridents. The older Euro3s (basically most of the 190xxs) are expected to leave AZ for destinations unknown, although three went to MN some weeks ago. As well as new MMCs, AZ has also received some 193xx examples from HE - presumably released by the arrival of 10609-13 - but its not clear which ones and whether they are just on loan until 10598-606 become available. Finally, the suggestion that 16968 had already been withdrawn from pasenger service before it was de-roofed, suggests that other changes may also have gone unreported. And that's all before the September changes, which should be registered by today!

There seem to be a number of moves afoot as vehicles are cascaded on the back of the new deliveries. Some other websites report that Middleton now have nine Enviro 400s, which if correct would suggest that the T, V and X Tridents are on the way out. 16971 was also reported as withdrawn along with its now de-roofed sister.

On a different note, I also noted 17497 out of service close to Middleton Depot yesterday, although I was not able to tell if it was still in dual door configuration. This had previously been in reserve. Does anyone know if it has been converted to single door, or if it is actually at Middleton?
(09/07/2016 11:25)Dentonian Wrote:  10578-97 are now all confirmed in service at AZ, along with 10608 and almost certainly 10607. 10609-13 are all at HE. 10598 has been reported with three different registrations and at two different depots, so we are no nearer clarifying the situation with this and 10599-606. Indeed, as of last weekend most of these hadn't been delivered, but maybe some will arrive today/tomorrow.
Meanwhile, older Enviro400s seem to be moving, with all early Euro4s up to (at least) 19264 (except 19220/1/35/6/42/7 at ST) transferred to. or earmarked for. Magic Bus ops, replacing the remaining 15+ year old Tridents. The older Euro3s (basically most of the 190xxs) are expected to leave AZ for destinations unknown, although three went to MN some weeks ago. As well as new MMCs, AZ has also received some 193xx examples from HE - presumably released by the arrival of 10609-13 - but its not clear which ones and whether they are just on loan until 10598-606 become available. Finally, the suggestion that 16968 had already been withdrawn from pasenger service before it was de-roofed, suggests that other changes may also have gone unreported. And that's all before the September changes, which should be registered by today!

Dentonian having read your report elsewhere regarding your 90 mins in Ashton last week I decided to venture home 'the back way' today along whitelands road which practically runs adjacent to Ashton depot. It was 16.06 when I pulled over and I counted roughly 16 older Enviro400's parked up (4 rows with 4 buses in each) plus 2 hybrids. Now I'm now that familiar with PVRs on weekdays and Saturday afternoons - when I've made the same journey slightly earlier during the week it's normal to see just 2 maybe 3 deckers in the yard. Given that vitally all daytime 236/7's and the majority of 347's are decker operated on a Saturday I'm
Assuming some of the older Enviro400's have yet to be moved on

2 of the 3 evolutions were present as were 2 MANs but there was no sign of the Trident 17499?? Anyone know where that's gone??

Most importantly though I saw no MMCs in the yard so obviously there all out earning there keep.

Had a short ride on 10586 on a 330 earlier. Nice and sparkling it may look and sound,but the seat I sat in [3rd row back right hand side window seat] wasn't half uncomfortable.

How many more buses will become Magics? Seems more and more excessive to me having seen 19251 in Didsbury earlier.

Saw 19352 on 330 a couple of days ago but 19331 and 19332 are still on Hyde Rd routes. Any reason why?

I think 19220 has been a Magic for a while. I rode on 19221 on the 378 this afternoon so that is still at ST. Not sure about 19222.
(09/07/2016 18:24)gilbert Wrote:  How many more buses will become Magics? Seems more and more excessive to me having seen 19251 in Didsbury earlier.

Well the standard PVR for the 142 and 143 is around 22-25.
If you then take into account that the operation is shared between two depots that increases the spare buses required.

If the 141 was to become Enviro 400 operated then further buses would be required for HE depot. Stagecoach also operate evening duplicate services (which don't appear on public timetables) that run between UoM and Withington Christie Hopsital (in one direction only, PVR around 5) and also the 145.

Sometimes drivers take their break at Southern Cemetery (keeping the bus on their lunch break) where the bus will park up for about an hour and another one will operate in it's place. Sharston depot drivers also drive dead from East Didsbury to the depot throughout the day rather than using an ancillary vehicle for driver changes.

The overall PVR for the magicbus services is very confusing!Laugh
Last Saturday I saw several MMCs on route 231. Even now it seems that approx 40% of 330s are ordinary Enviro400s. So, it seems the MMCs at AZ are spread between routes 216, 231 & 330 and potentially other routes too.

I have seen 10609 & 10611 on route 203 this week. So, potentially both batches will mix in practice.

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)