Current time: 03/05/2024, 07:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(05/07/2016 19:19)Dentonian Wrote:  That just leaves 10596/7 of the initial AZ batch not seen in service.

Both of these are in service
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
With regard to 18968, what will replace it (if anything) at Middleton? I'm guessing one of the reserve fleet that's currently parked up at Wigan Depot, guess something will replace it over the next day or so
(05/07/2016 19:19)Dentonian Wrote:  That just leaves 10596/7 of the initial AZ batch not seen in service.

10597 is deffiantly in service at Ashton. I was sat directly behind is in traffic on Monday afternoon on the 237.
(05/07/2016 19:47)acocker96 Wrote:  18968 didn't last long with stagecoach, lost a fight with a railway bridge;
https://twitter.com/gmptraffic/status/75...72/photo/1

Ironically very close to its former home on Joshua Road in Middleton.

That is indeed ironic, as by my reckoning JPT de-roofed at least three of their deckers on that bridge. It must be karma....
(05/07/2016 21:13)M60lad Wrote:  With regard to 18968, what will replace it (if anything) at Middleton? I'm guessing one of the reserve fleet that's currently parked up at Wigan Depot, guess something will replace it over the next day or so

It has already been reported as being withdrawn from service on a couple of websites, so I suspect that its replacement is already at Middleton.
(06/07/2016 07:27)Owl Wrote:  It has already been reported as being withdrawn from service on a couple of websites, so I suspect that its replacement is already at Middleton.

If you think about it at least it happened towards the end of the school year and wasn't a newer bus, I wonder what keeps making drivers go under that bridge?
(06/07/2016 08:11)acocker96 Wrote:  If you think about it at least it happened towards the end of the school year and wasn't a newer bus, I wonder what keeps making drivers go under that bridge?

I've already mentioned on an earlier post that a good friend of mine has just completed his training at Hyde road, and all drivers are given files which they must read and keep with them at all times. It includes fare charts, running sheets with directions for each service and most importantly a list of about 6 bridges in the whole of greater Manchester to avoid at all costs including the one on Joshua lane, they even have photos of the things so it's pretty bad that he's gone under it.

In his defence though Middleton like JPT is made up mainly of single deckers so if he's been out for much of the day in a Enviro200 then he's probably forgot what he's driving and bang!
MCT here he comes Smile
(06/07/2016 09:09)Mayneway Wrote:  I've already mentioned on an earlier post that a good friend of mine has just completed his training at Hyde road, and all drivers are given files which they must read and keep with them at all times. It includes fare charts, running sheets with directions for each service and most importantly a list of about 6 bridges in the whole of greater Manchester to avoid at all costs including the one on Joshua lane, they even have photos of the things so it's pretty bad that he's gone under it.

In his defence though Middleton like JPT is made up mainly of single deckers so if he's been out for much of the day in a Enviro200 then he's probably forgot what he's driving and bang!
MCT here he comes Smile

That's interesting to hear because I thought drivers were expected to remember all of their depots routes and fares by rote, then again it's no different from a pilot carrying his own charts and manuals in a flight bag.
(06/07/2016 13:46)acocker96 Wrote:  That's interesting to hear because I thought drivers were expected to remember all of their depots routes and fares by rote, then again it's no different from a pilot carrying his own charts and manuals in a flight bag.

I knew it was standard practice for drivers to carry fare charts but wasn't aware they also carried 'dummy sheets' which basically list each service and the route they follow. I think some routes such as X50/250 have standard diversion routes that drivers are supposed to follow.
But as I say the file also contains a list of low bridges to avoid añd Joshua lane is one of them.
(05/07/2016 21:13)M60lad Wrote:  With regard to 18968, what will replace it (if anything) at Middleton? I'm guessing one of the reserve fleet that's currently parked up at Wigan Depot, guess something will replace it over the next day or so

It was 16968 that hit the bridge, there is no 18968 in the fleet.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)