Current time: 04/05/2024, 19:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
TfGM Service Changes page listing Stagecoach taking over First's withdrawn 64 service between Higher Blackley and Manchester from 4 April. Ties in with the Sunday 156/164 services.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/03/2016 12:15)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure if Middleton Depot are short of minibuses at the moment but a friend of mine has just seen one of Middletons MANs deputising for a minibus on 406 Oldham-Mills Hill service, first time I've known a full sized single decker to be used on the route

Although I saw a Primo on the 112 early yesterday morning.
As route 32 will no longer serve Manchester but effectively be a Wigan local service, I think it should be given a new 600 number.

Despite the large number of Enviro400-MMCs on route 203, at around 8.30am on Thursday I saw in stark contrast Trident 17616 still in MagicBus blue livery!

In case you're curious, the 8.32 from Albert Square to Stockport was a 12-reg E400H today rather than a Trident.
Stagecoach Manchester drivers are being balloted on strike action.
(14/03/2016 17:27)knutstransport Wrote:  Stagecoach Manchester drivers are being balloted on strike action.

What's the reason?
(14/03/2016 17:56)joe_alker Wrote:  What's the reason?

The union wants a guarantee of a 5p per hour pay rise for next year, Stagecoach aren't obliging.
Read online today that the 168/169 is to move from Hyde Road to Sharston over the Easter weekend anyone know if there's any truth in it?
The 168/9 suffer at the best of times with punctuality, mainly due to long driver changeovers at belle vue so switching to a depot further away seems slightly strange.
Actually moving 168/169 does have some logic to it as changeovers will then be done at each terminus (168 Chorlton and 169 Southern Cemetery), so theres more of a chance of the services running to some sort of time as buses could come either from Depot or Southern Cemetery to start service every time a driver changeover is due, just like what currently happens during the day with 85/86 with buses runnning off when they get to Chorlton and other buses/drivers replacing them.
(14/03/2016 20:28)Dentonian Wrote:  0.5% !! I thought I'd recently read that private sector wages were increasing at 2.2% (ie. 4.4 times as much as being asked here). Given the continuing rises in fares, drops in fuel costs, wasteful bus wars paid for by drops in standards outside the "golden triangle" (South Manchester/Trafford/Salford), I think provided they don't really sc**w passengers by striking alternate days (as threatened in 2008), the drivers will get every sympathy.

It sounds like the actual offer from Stagecoach is a 2 year deal with 4% this year and nothing next year, while the union want 5p an hour next year on top of the 4%.
(15/03/2016 00:33)Mayneway Wrote:  Read online today that the 168/169 is to move from Hyde Road to Sharston over the Easter weekend anyone know if there's any truth in it?
The 168/9 suffer at the best of times with punctuality, mainly due to long driver changeovers at belle vue so switching to a depot further away seems slightly strange.

Looks possible, I have spotted on a few occasions this and last week around 12:15 Sharston Magic buses (17667, 19181, 19223, 19245) driving through Ashton bus station and straight out again with many drivers on board, assumedly route training

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)