Current time: 02/05/2024, 12:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(24/08/2015 22:10)T42 PVM Wrote:  Does anyone know if the 51 Plate MAN's based at Wigan are DDA Compliant or not?

They have '51 registrations, meaning they were first registered after 01/01/2001, so would have to have been constructed to meet DDA standards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yes they are all in service and as for 33875 that's just been MOT'd last week
16949 is being repainted into magic colours and reallocated to Hyde rd
(26/08/2015 07:59)Dentonian Wrote:  33871-3 haven't been reported there yet either, although 33872 did start the journey before breaking down and coming back to Hyde Road. Of the Tridents, only 17002/5/670 are confirmed there.

17006/10/38/51/66 also confirmed as arrived as the convoy wss photted on the A38 at Buckfastleigh a couple of days ago.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(26/08/2015 21:06)Dentonian Wrote:  Ta. That just leaves 17011 as regards Tridents then.

According to a photo on the Stagecoach Enthusiasts Facebook page 17011 was also in yesterday's convoy so that too has left Manchester

With credit to Christopher Lowe on Flickr ex-Merseyside 17271 is now in Magic Bus livery
Spooky timing for the merging of this thread, the Wigan services on the GM West licence are moving over to GM South one.
(26/08/2015 06:55)Southernsofty Wrote:  They have '51 registrations, meaning they were first registered after 01/01/2001, so would have to have been constructed to meet DDA standards.

I've seen 51 reg East Lancs Spryte Darts around Bury that have the dot matrix display, wouldn't this mean they are not built to the required standards or do the ALX300's fall in to a different category due to weight?
(30/08/2015 00:49)VolvoB10M Wrote:  I've seen 51 reg East Lancs Spryte Darts around Bury that have the dot matrix display, wouldn't this mean they are not built to the required standards or do the ALX300's fall in to a different category due to weight?

As long as it`s set up to right requirements it does not matter what style dest a bus has (Dot Matrix,LED Or Roller) I don`t think the 51reg ones are DDA as don`t think they have a ramp (simple to fit one though!) I`m actually surprised Xreg ones are getting Withdrawn & scrapped (Not Just Manchester,but other Ops) would of thought they could get some more years out of them if the converted them to DDA Like first have done with Renowns,Flolines & ALX400 of similar age.
X regs are 14/15 years old so are mostly if not completely depreciated. In essence, they're not worth the expenditure of getting DDA certification.
Does anyone know what Manchester vehicles have been sent to Plymouth for the new operations down their. I've seen a photo of a Magic Bus Trident heading south in Stagecoach Livery but Magic bus on the window

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)