Current time: 05/05/2024, 05:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(21/08/2015 20:13)Dentonian Wrote:  They are often seen on the 216, and I've seen them occasionally on the 330 as well. However, this is the first reported sighting on the 347. In saying that, it certainly makes sense to use them on there at peak times in particular. Hybrids perform best in heavy traffic, and the last time I saw a 347 Working Timetable, at least one morning peak journey was scheduled at barely 7 mph (38 mins for the 4.2 mile journey) from Haughton Green to Ashton.

Clearly M60lad dosen't get to Ashton that much as the Hybrids do spring up just about anywhere. To be fair it's quite rare to see them stray on a weekday but on evenings and in particular on Sundays, when HE run the majority of 219's using their own hybrids, AZ's green army tends to turn up on most services including the 330 and 347 although having discussed this topic with my mate who lives in Hyde tonight he reckons he's not yet seen one on the 346!

Talking of hybrids. Probably to do with the departing Tridents I've noticed a few of the now de-branded 256 Hybrids on 168/169's this week probably being used until the tridents are ready for service!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I do get to Ashton quite regular whenever I can to be honest the point I was making was its the first time for a while I'd actually seen Hybrdis straying onto other routes during a normal weekday afternoon and yes I've noticed on Sundays Ashtons own Hybrids turning up on most services infact the other Sunday when I was in Ashton I noticed an Ashton Hybrid on Glossops
(22/08/2015 05:40)M60lad Wrote:  I do get to Ashton quite regular whenever I can to be honest the point I was making was its the first time for a while I'd actually seen Hybrdis straying onto other routes during a normal weekday afternoon and yes I've noticed on Sundays Ashtons own Hybrids turning up on most services infact the other Sunday when I was in Ashton I noticed an Ashton Hybrid on Glossops

Thinks seem to have 'relaxed' following the schools breaking up at the end of July and it seems most days at least one hybrid crops up on 347's or 236's. It's odd because on a normal weekday as you say they normally stick to 219's then at afternoon peak they seem to spring up anywhere - when you think they would be needed on 219's lol.

To be fair on a Sunday the hybrids tend to stick to services running into Manchester (216,219,231) but as the 231 somehow interwork with 237's this is why they often turn up on Glossops.

Stranger still is that since they won the Sunday 408 the Enviro200's crop up quite often on 236's and even 330's!
With credit to the Stagecoach Enthusiasts Facebook page TfGM owned Optare Solo SR hybrids YJ61 JDO, YJ61 JDZ and YJ61 JEO (numbered 48801-3) and Optare Versa hybrids YJ61 JHK, YJ61 JHL and YJ61 JHO (numbered 25320-2) have transferred from First Manchester to Stagecoach Manchester

(21/08/2015 21:00)Dentonian Wrote:  Thanks 4 that. And on the other side of the equation, can we assume that they have/wiill replace the remaining X-reg MANs at Wigan.....which I reckon comprises 22223/34/7/9/41/2/4/6?

According to my fleetlist Wigan is currently allocated nine X-reg MANs (unless any have been withdrawn since I last updated it) - these being 22223, 22232/4/7/9 and 22241/2/4/6. Considering that nine Enviro300s have been delivered to Wigan I'm also assuming that they will be direct replacements for the X-reg MANs
(22/08/2015 19:48)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  With credit to the Stagecoach Enthusiasts Facebook page TfGM owned Optare Solo SR hybrids YJ61 JDO, YJ61 JDZ and YJ61 JEO (numbered 48801-3) and Optare Versa hybrids YJ61 JHK, YJ61 JHL and YJ61 JHO (numbered 25320-2) have transferred from First Manchester to Stagecoach Manchester

According to my fleetlist Wigan is currently allocated nine X-reg MANs (unless any have been withdrawn since I last updated it) - these being 22223, 22232/4/7/9 and 22241/2/4/6. Considering that nine Enviro300s have been delivered to Wigan I'm also assuming that they will be direct replacements for the X-reg MANs

The last X reg MANs where withdrawn on friday, those being 22239 and 22244
Does anyone know if the 51 Plate MAN's based at Wigan are DDA Compliant or not?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(24/08/2015 11:45)Scania1996 Wrote:  The last X reg MANs where withdrawn on friday, those being 22239 and 22244

Thanks for that. Do you know if the new Enviro300s are to be deployed on any specific route(s)?
(24/08/2015 22:24)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Thanks for that. Do you know if the new Enviro300s are to be deployed on any specific route(s)?

600 wigan to leigh.....
600 seemed to be mainly the older Enviro 300's today the 598 is doing a great trade at the moment can see this route getting bigger buses sooner or later

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
33875 does not appear to have made it to Plymouth as yet. I understood that this vehicle had not been repaired following the accident it was in on Moston Lane. Does anyone have any information about what is happeneing with it? Has it been/ is it being repaired, and will it make the trip south?

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)