Current time: 30/04/2024, 08:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(22/01/2015 21:52)R971XVM Wrote:  Oh, and in reply to someone about the Metros, more misery this weekend. Sharston are definitely operating some replacements...

Misery for who though?
Metrolink punters or 168/169 passengers LOL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/01/2015 20:40)Mayneway Wrote:  It's certainly a pleasure traveling on them. A pity the younger Tridents Manchester did have were shipped out when they were.
I would agree with you generally on the Tridents, although I've said before im not too keen on the ex London examples that joined the fleet in 2012. Horrible seating with little leg room (even on the seats over the wheel arches) makes them a painful ride for me.

On the subject of Tridents is 17612 still at Hyde Road? I've not seen it for a couple of weeks on its normal stomping ground. This one has got to be as comfortable as the Bedford loanee's Smile

I always found the S---BWC batch most comfortable out of the ex-London vehicles; 18110/1 are the most comfortable buses I've been on for a while; 17612 is still at Hyde Road but is supposed to be having it's upperdeck seats reattached as they seem to be falling off, which is a H&S problem. 17613 after it's refurb before it went to Magic Bus was the best bus in the fleet though.
(23/01/2015 09:15)joe_alker Wrote:  I always found the S---BWC batch most comfortable out of the ex-London vehicles; 18110/1 are the most comfortable buses I've been on for a while; 17612 is still at Hyde Road but is supposed to be having it's upperdeck seats reattached as they seem to be falling off, which is a H&S problem. 17613 after it's refurb before it went to Magic Bus was the best bus in the fleet though.

The S/BWC ones arnt too bad given their age. Bench seating is fine but sometimes it's like playing the lottery and you end up on a seat where the lower cushion is loose or completly detached from the frame - a lot of AZ's S/T reg MANs were prone to this when you got on at afternoon peak.
When I mentioned ex London Tridents I actually meant the ones that were converted just before the 2012 Olympics. The seating on them is just horrendous although the straight staircase is a plus.

Nice to hear 17612 is getting a refurb. Last time I was on it a couple of seats were patched up with tape so it's long over due an internal tidy up.
(23/01/2015 11:30)Mayneway Wrote:  The S/BWC ones arnt too bad given their age. Bench seating is fine but sometimes it's like playing the lottery and you end up on a seat where the lower cushion is loose or completly detached from the frame - a lot of AZ's S/T reg MANs were prone to this when you got on at afternoon peak.
When I mentioned ex London Tridents I actually meant the ones that were converted just before the 2012 Olympics. The seating on them is just horrendous although the straight staircase is a plus.

Nice to hear 17612 is getting a refurb. Last time I was on it a couple of seats were patched up with tape so it's long over due an internal tidy up.

When I was on 17612 on the 14th,there was at least one seat downstairs that was on the floor.
I have seen 2217? and 22186 out in service today one was on 118 and the other was on either 112/8. Still going strong!
(23/01/2015 18:45)VolvoB10M Wrote:  I have seen 2217? and 22186 out in service today one was on 118 and the other was on either 112/8. Still going strong!

I think officially Middleton had one older MAN in use and one in reserve but I would expect that will all change on Sunday with the cuts.
There are currently 4 T reg MANs running out of Middleton Depot, i would expect that today (Jan 24th) will be their final Day

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Not sure if this is true but I have heard that as well as the MANs going from Middleton from tomorrow's service changes that the Evolutions will be heading to Wigan for storage but wont actually be classed as withdrawn as their going into the reserve fleet
(24/01/2015 10:12)Dentonian Wrote:  Just for clarification, which four? As of a week ago, 22179/86 were supposedly the only T-reg (no S reg's) left in service anywhere within Stagecoach Manchester.

There was until recently 5 T reg MAN's at Middleton but 22189 caught fire, i will post details of the 4 when i got my list in front of me

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(24/01/2015 07:24)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure if this is true but I have heard that as well as the MANs going from Middleton from tomorrow's service changes that the Evolutions will be heading to Wigan for storage but wont actually be classed as withdrawn as their going into the reserve fleet

I heard the same yesterday regarding the Evolutions. Apparently they are having too many problems with them and they are becoming unreliable. Quite surprising given their age. The Solos at at Middleton (which ever they still have) are also expected to go to Wigan in reserve but all Primo's should remain in use.

On the subject of Middleton, have all 6 Primo's entered service? I know they have all been painted but I'm sure there was one on my list which I hadn't seen back in traffic, and have all 3 Olympians been withdrawn yet? Again I have two noted as stored at Wigan but not sure on the third.

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)