Current time: 15/05/2024, 00:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(22/01/2015 16:55)gilbert Wrote:  I have a short while ago seen 19266 operating a school run route 877, then the X57 that leaves Grove Lane park at about 4 o'clock. This latter routing has,to my knowledge, always been operated by a Hyde Rd bus not a Sharston one. Has it moved or is it a one off?

Why not consider the blinding obvious and conclude that 19266 has transferred (either temporarily or permanently) to Hyde Road?

Actually, wait no... the school drivers have all transferred from Hyde Road to Sharston...Laugh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/01/2015 16:54)james solomon Wrote:  a lot of them may be X reg ALX 300s which would mean that if Stockport Wigan and Middleton loose them there not many only 51s/54s going to be left in service within Manchester

There's still a few of the 06 reg ones left knocking about as well. I think Middleton, Stockport and Wigan have examples - I noticed one on the 7 this morning.
(22/01/2015 19:25)Dentonian Wrote:  Ignoring R971's sarcastic comment - not least because the X57 isn't a school service (!), 19266 almost certainly has moved to HE, as I understand the plan is for a half dozen or so of Sharston's '08 Enviro400s to transfer to Hyde Road. I believe 19265 was noted on a HE service last week, as well.

R971 bringing yet more useful information to the thread.

No wonder so any unusual sightings or buses working other depots services etc go unreported on here given the replies and more to the point tone of replies some give.

And we are all supposed to be adults................
(22/01/2015 19:34)Dentonian Wrote:  The '06s are all now at Stockport, and indeed, I saw 22400 on the 7 passing Reddish North Station this afternoon - just two days before the route is diverted away from this part of Gorton Road. The X-regs are mostly at Stockport, but a few are at Wigan - none are Middleton buses. I wouldn't think it was simply a case of withdrawing X-reg MANs, though. These don't need to go until the end of 2015, and at Stockport in particular, it would be risky withdrawing full size single-deckers, having reduced Stockport-Reddish services by 33% - an area notorious for bigger than scheduled gaps in service at peak times, due to the plentiful problems caused by the M60. I would expect any remaining early model Darts at Middleton to go, and eventhough they are DDA compliant, some Solos could go as well. And there is still the question of Hyde Road's 15 or so loanees, although the transfer of Enviro400s from Sharston (see previous Reply) will help in this regard.

It will be interesting to see what happens with regards to the loanee's. I've come quite used to travelling on 18110/18111 on the 168/169. Thier decent buses.

With regards to what goes. Are the Solos DDA complient? I would have thought the Primo's would have been first to go.

Is Metrolink replacement work on this weekend or has it finished now?
(22/01/2015 17:53)R971XVM Wrote:  Why not consider the blinding obvious and conclude that 19266 has transferred (either temporarily or permanently) to Hyde Road?

Actually, wait no... the school drivers have all transferred from Hyde Road to Sharston...Laugh
But I didn't ignore ''the blindingly obvious''-moved=transferredWave
(22/01/2015 20:15)Dentonian Wrote:  I would go further and suggest 18110/1 are probably the most comfortable buses in the Stagecoach fleet! Then again, ALX400s were always beeter than Enviro400s.
According to the FleetCard, all the Solos (and Primos) are DDA compliant. That would at least allow them to transfer out of Manchester if better suited elsewhere.

It's certainly a pleasure traveling on them. A pity the younger Tridents Manchester did have were shipped out when they were.
I would agree with you generally on the Tridents, although I've said before im not too keen on the ex London examples that joined the fleet in 2012. Horrible seating with little leg room (even on the seats over the wheel arches) makes them a painful ride for me.

On the subject of Tridents is 17612 still at Hyde Road? I've not seen it for a couple of weeks on its normal stomping ground. This one has got to be as comfortable as the Bedford loanee's Smile
Posted on 15th January

(15/01/2015 19:28)gilbert Wrote:  17612 on X57 yesterday and 18110 on same route today.
(22/01/2015 16:47)Dentonian Wrote:  It was 22362 that moved to Stockport. 22361 has been at Wigan ever since transferring from Scotland just after Stagecoach took over First's Wigan operations.

A good time to remind everyone that there should be a number of re-allocations and withdrawals (including possible transfers out of Manchester/Wigan to other Stagecoach companies) next week, with the service cuts in Middleton, Stockport and Wigan.

thanks dentonian for correct that.

cheerio

martyn
(22/01/2015 19:25)Dentonian Wrote:  Ignoring R971's sarcastic comment - not least because the X57 isn't a school service (!), 19266 almost certainly has moved to HE, as I understand the plan is for a half dozen or so of Sharston's '08 Enviro400s to transfer to Hyde Road. I believe 19265 was noted on a HE service last week, as well.

Nope, but the 877 before it is.

Sorry, when the original post asked whether "it" had moved it looked like" it" referred to the service as opposed to the bus.

It's called applying common sense, not sarcasm. If a school route followed by a X57 has always been operated by Hyde Road then the most logical explanation (as indeed the orginal poster deduced) when an unusual allocation is noted is that that bus has transferred and therefore isn't in itself an unusual allocation.
Oh, and in reply to someone about the Metros, more misery this weekend. Sharston are definitely operating some replacements...

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)