Current time: 26/04/2024, 15:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(08/10/2014 09:02)Mayneway Wrote:  From what I've been told everything else is 'unusable'. Now as we know things do change at Stagecoach so never say never but I think the rest will be going fairly soon. Some of the stored vehicles have had a number of parts removed for other vehicles.
I've said it before but it's shocking really that out of so many vehicles only 10 have made it into the Stagecoach fleet.

That really is a sad indictment of the condition that the JPT fleet was in. It explains why Stagecoach continued to use the older green and white vehicles rather than the younger vehicles after the takeover.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Vehicle shortage; they used what they had available in depot
Surley the B10BLE like 21074 etc where useable as they seemed fine when Stagecoach owned them
(08/10/2014 10:18)E208 WBG Wrote:  Surley the B10BLE like 21074 etc where useable as they seemed fine when Stagecoach owned them

I think one possibly two saw service after the stagecoach takeover but I think age played a big factor in them not seeing stagecoach livery. Engineers in Manchester don't seem to like Wright bodies with the two Wright bodied darts ?? that came down from Scotland after the Bluebird takeover being mothballed soon after they arrived.
Stagecoach have no use for the B10L's, they are 17 years old and aren't in a roadworthy condition. It wouldn't be cost effective to repair them.
(08/10/2014 10:05)jimbo Wrote:  Vehicle shortage; they used what they had available in depot

No, they were required by the CMA to use as many JPT vehicles as possible.

Just because a vehicle (e.g. 21073) was a runner, doesn't mean its in fit condition for further service now that restrictions have been lifted.
(08/10/2014 11:21)Mayneway Wrote:  Engineers in Manchester don't seem to like Wright bodies with the two Wright bodied darts ?? that came down from Scotland after the Bluebird takeover being mothballed soon after they arrived.

Nothing to do with them being Wright bodied, and everything to do with them being the last pair of B6BLEs in group...
Has 19492 transferred back to Hyde Rd from Stockport. It was operating on the X57 this morning.
(08/10/2014 08:48)Dentonian Wrote:  Passable. Better than Enviro400s in that all downstairs seats are cushioned.

What patterns did they have? I'm guessing the Mayne patterns would've been like either the maroon seats on 35 or black seats on the Futura's.
E400H - 12192 operating in Sale @16;30 on X5 towards Stockport.
Are these vehicles restricted to 40 mph? If so not ideal for use on motorway.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)