Current time: 17/05/2024, 21:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
There is nothing historically significant about any of the JPT fleet. Anyone wishing to preserve a vehicle would save themselves a lot of work by looking elsewhere!

I cannot see the B7TLs staying with Manchester due to their non-standard nature. The Trident based examples will have some future no doubt.

I would think that the Primos will only stay until sufficient Solos can be found to replace them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I would've thought the ex Stephensons Leyland Olympians could be sold on like these: https://flic.kr/p/nvNHdq

I always thought the Primo's reminded me of those plastic wendy houses.
For tendered routes primos are fine, nippy, manoverable and good on diesel, no reason to get rid. The sheds on the other hand, scrap is worth a lot now a days
(21/08/2014 16:30)Mayneway Wrote:  I'm told by a pal who works up at Middleton that the Primos will be retained as will the Enviro300's which will stay at MN. Apparently only 2 or 3 Presidents (carnt remember which) will be retained and will go to Sharston to become magic buses. Everything else will go fairly soon, infact I'm informed one of the H reg Olympians that's been in use since the takeover has in the last few days been moved to Wigan to join the other vehicles awaiting thier fate.

So Middleton will become the home of all Stagecoaches non-standard stuff. I suppose that it makes some sort of sense to have it all in one place.
(21/08/2014 18:40)jimbo Wrote:  For tendered routes primos are fine, nippy, manoverable and good on diesel, no reason to get rid. The sheds on the other hand, scrap is worth a lot now a days
The problem with scrapping them is that I don't think they can be used for spares, if anyone else was looking for parts (e.g. one of the Gardner 6LXB's for another Olympian or Metrobus) they won't be able to obtain the parts needed to run theirs.
Parts can be refurbished...

Anyway, there's a lot of value in the metal alone as scrap...
The primos look like microwaves, one has a different colour door!! But they are pretty modern and may be suited to tenders.
(21/08/2014 19:30)mbonwick Wrote:  Parts can be refurbished...

Anyway, there's a lot of value in the metal alone as scrap...

Not always. If it has had a major failure due to the connecting rod bearings ceasing up this will cause major damage to the engine, most likely destroying the cylinder block, which would mean a completely new engine would need to be fitted.

I have found a 6LXB on Ebay but there are 16 people watching it.
(21/08/2014 13:03)mbonwick Wrote:  Most of the stuff will be making a one way trip to Barnsley.

The sooner, the better. JPT buses were in a right state.
Noted in the yard at HE, at about 4.30pm today, were three new Enviro200's for SK, and five ex London Tridents, which were lately used on the Commonwealth Games services in Glasgow.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)