Current time: 04/05/2024, 06:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
This is true, I saw over 10 buses parked out back yesterday due to lack of space
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Buses have always been parked in the rear yard at HE so that's nothing new but potentially other services HE currently operate could go to other depots. AZ are doing ok on the 219 and it certainly improves things doing driver changeovers at one end rather than mid route with a bus full of punters so possibly all 219 journeys could go to AZ, would be good to see some Hybrids move too to operate them but I carnt see HE giving them up that easily.
76/78's could go to Middleton too.

Mere speculation I suspect at the moment though.
Im only saying what i got told by numerous drivers from the wigan depot who i am good friends with as thats why i said its a rumour i got told not that it is deffo happining.
The CMA have given clearance to the takeover of JPT.
So a few repaints then, and they're free to dispose of the wrecks?
Free to do as they please with it now.

Most of the stuff will be making a one way trip to Barnsley.
I'd like to see the Olympians go to preservation - the B10L didn't seem too bad when I saw it, the B7TLs might go to the Magic Bus fleet, and the Enviro300s, after a lot of work, should be fit for service.

As for the others, S3JPT - the Dart with a mountain of duct tape - that'll definitely go, and maybe some more.
(21/08/2014 13:09)joe_alker Wrote:  I'd like to see the Olympians go to preservation - the B10L didn't seem too bad when I saw it, the B7TLs might go to the Magic Bus fleet, and the Enviro300s, after a lot of work, should be fit for service.

As for the others, S3JPT - the Dart with a mountain of duct tape - that'll definitely go, and maybe some more.

Anyone any ideas about what might happen to the Primo's. They have always struck me as odd little buses - a bit like a loaf on wheels. Would they fit anywhere else in Stagecoach's operations in Manchester?
(21/08/2014 13:58)Owl Wrote:  Anyone any ideas about what might happen to the Primo's. They have always struck me as odd little buses - a bit like a loaf on wheels. Would they fit anywhere else in Stagecoach's operations in Manchester?

Oh some one with a sense of humour , a bus that looks impressive you certaintly couldnt call that an a primo in the same sentence .
(21/08/2014 13:58)Owl Wrote:  Anyone any ideas about what might happen to the Primo's. They have always struck me as odd little buses - a bit like a loaf on wheels. Would they fit anywhere else in Stagecoach's operations in Manchester?

I'm told by a pal who works up at Middleton that the Primos will be retained as will the Enviro300's which will stay at MN. Apparently only 2 or 3 Presidents (carnt remember which) will be retained and will go to Sharston to become magic buses. Everything else will go fairly soon, infact I'm informed one of the H reg Olympians that's been in use since the takeover has in the last few days been moved to Wigan to join the other vehicles awaiting thier fate.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)