Current time: 06/05/2024, 22:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(24/07/2014 19:27)SF07 Wrote:  The 78 will run from King Street in Oldham via Rochdale Road (not calling at Oldham bus station), St Mary's Way via Henshaw Street, Horsedge Street to Egerton Street, where the service terminates. It then returns to Oldham bus station via St Mary's Way.

Lime Green Road has been served by the 52 and 406 previously, which were both First services, although they were only Mon-Sat daytime too.

I remember the 52 and 406 I used to get the 52 to st augustines school in 2008 when I started year 7 I think back then it was Mercedes O405's. I think the 52 replaced the old 406, we used to have the old mercs on it and everytime it went over a speed bump it would send you flying upwards I was terrified of them because of that until the solos came and then the 183 replaced the 52 which was curtailed at Tesco and now I use the 183 to get to college, does anyone remember the old 404/5 buses which went to Limeside they were cut in 2002 I think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/07/2014 01:02)acocker96 Wrote:  I remember the 52 and 406 I used to get the 52 to st augustines school in 2008 when I started year 7 I think back then it was Mercedes O405's. I think the 52 replaced the old 406, we used to have the old mercs on it and everytime it went over a speed bump it would send you flying upwards I was terrified of them because of that until the solos came and then the 183 replaced the 52 which was curtailed at Tesco and now I use the 183 to get to college, does anyone remember the old 404/5 buses which went to Limeside they were cut in 2002 I think?

The 52 used to follow the 76 route from Failsworth Day Drive to Oldham when it was first extended to Oldham before being re-routed to replace the 406 route via Coppice. I seem to remember the old 404/405 service running a circular route around Limeside and then went on to Oldham and then I think at one point continuing to Moston. Also have memories of the previous 405 service from the GM Buses days running along Chapel Road and Chamber Road.
Hammer
(25/07/2014 19:11)SF07 Wrote:  The 52 used to follow the 76 route from Failsworth Day Drive to Oldham when it was first extended to Oldham before being re-routed to replace the 406 route via Coppice. I seem to remember the old 404/405 service running a circular route around Limeside and then went on to Oldham and then I think at one point continuing to Moston. Also have memories of the previous 405 service from the GM Buses days running along Chapel Road and Chamber Road.

I was only born in 1996 but when I was really young I liked going on buses and seeing them and I still remember now that my favourite buses back then, although I didn't know what they were then, it was the crusader darts and sometimes we used to get my favourite decker the NC-bodied Metrobuses on the 405 I found photos on Flickr of both on the 405.
22131 on the 149 today. Certainly was strange seeing the service operating in Stagecoach colours today. Did catch out somebody who tried boarding with a First ticket.

22181 on the 78 today as well. Looks like that it does confirm the 78 operating from Hyde Road and the 149 from Middleton depot, as 22181 was pictured operating on the 76 earlier this week:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tonys-trainz/14731643432
I only caught a brief glimpse as I drove past Middleton Depot yesterday, but there seemed to be a Cumfybus hybrid there. It had gone when I passed again a couple of hours later.

Anyone able to shed any light on what was going on?
(28/07/2014 09:55)Owl Wrote:  I only caught a brief glimpse as I drove past Middleton Depot yesterday, but there seemed to be a Cumfybus hybrid there. It had gone when I passed again a couple of hours later.

Anyone able to shed any light on what was going on?

As Cumftybus, as taken-over the operation of 512/513 Bury-Bolton service from Stagecoach. I would says possibly collecting the TfGM owned Hybrid solos, which are/were used on the said services.
(28/07/2014 11:35)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  As Cumftybus, as taken-over the operation of 512/513 Bury-Bolton service from Stagecoach. I would says possibly collecting the TfGM owned Hybrid solos, which are/were used on the said services.

That would make sense - there was a TFGM hybrid solo in the depot the first time I went past, and it had gone as well when I went past for the second time.

Thanks for the explanation
19467-Sharston bus-is on the X57 today.
Noted a green Hybrid double decker on (ex) JPT 294 this morning. Did not get close enough to see the number. I assume it is on loan from another depot, as it seems a bit too modern for Middleton.
(06/08/2014 09:34)Owl Wrote:  Noted a green Hybrid double decker on (ex) JPT 294 this morning. Did not get close enough to see the number. I assume it is on loan from another depot, as it seems a bit too modern for Middleton.

Could the 294 have switched to being run by Hyde Road? There seems to have been a few swaps of late between Hyde Rd and Middleton.

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)