Current time: 06/05/2024, 22:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Not too sure why but I just saw 19516 on the 78 which is run by Middleton depot and the usual allocations are Solos, MAN's or darts, anybody have any idea why a Hyde Road allocated double decker is on a route by Middleton depot normally allocated midibuses?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/07/2014 19:56)Dentonian Wrote:  Normally, it would easily explained by Hyde Road simply loaning a bus to Middleton, but there are some strange goings on at the moment. Despite Hyde Road sending at least four - a reliable source quotes 10 - Enviro400s to the CG over the weekend, there has also been a report of one working the 370. Of course, it is Summer hols t/ts, but I believe HE's PVR doesn't reduce by anything like 10 (MagicBuses not included), and for the umpteenth consecutive Summer, they've fallen into the trap of registering reduced running times on Hyde Road corridor, just as the Highways Agency announce major roadworks! Denton Island this year, Belle Vue inbound last year etc. etc.

In this case, I can only assume a Middleton bus broke down in M'cr, and 19516 was grabbed just before the driver was going to take it back to depot at the end of its day's work.

I've just seen 12112 on the 78 as well so Hyde Road must be running it completely tonight a hybrid was on the 76 today which may have also been 12112 so both 19516 and 12112 may have cone off the 76 and been allocated to the 78 unless the 78 has completely transferred, its weird that deckers were allocated as 7 people at the most use the 78.
(22/07/2014 20:54)Dentonian Wrote:  If the 78 has transferred to Hyde Road - and indeed, runs off the 76 (logically enough), then there is nothing smaller than an Enviro400. As for 12112, maybe its been naughty and is being punished by running "diesel" routes, as I caught it work on the 203 last Friday (lol).
I got on the 76 this morning and it was a hybrid and could have sworn it was the same one on the 78 but doesn't Hyde Road not have any MAN's we used to T-reg MAN's on the 76 every now and again.
Surprised no one has suggested the other reason which could be that Middleton could have been short of drivers and Hyde Road could have been helping them out.

Not sure how true it is thought but I did get told that Hyde Road might be taking on 78s from timetable change next week with Middleton Depot taking on 149s instead
Will confirm that HE took on the 78 from Sunday 20th July.

Single Decks mainly used for 291 service. Occasionally seen on 15/255
Some odd allocations from AZ today saw 22102 and at least one other MAN along with 2 Enviro200's on 236/237's while the 345 was operated by an Enviro400.

I've noticed an AZ Enviro400 working a late evening 219 over the last few nights (22:45), has AZ taken over additional evening journeys or could these be the apparent loaned vehicles from AZ to HE?
(23/07/2014 15:28)R971XVM Wrote:  Will confirm that HE took on the 78 from Sunday 20th July.

Single Decks mainly used for 291 service. Occasionally seen on 15/255

just seen 19395 on the 78 but leads me to question the point of putting double deckets on a route almost no one uses it used to run by Darts and Solos.
(23/07/2014 19:41)Dentonian Wrote:  Already been answered! HE don't run Darts or Solos, and if it runs off 76 workings (which logically they will) they would normally be Enviro400s. And to anticipate your next question, I doubt very much that MANs fuel consumption is any better than Enviro400s, so it would be pointless running Enviro400s off and MANs on, even if it didn't affect duties.

The other point which I had completely forgotten, is that some 78s have been extended in Oldham to the "Youth Zone" in Egerton Street, so this might generate extra patronage at that end of the route.

I wondered about egerton street as it doesn't have a place to turn around and the 78 goes down lime green road in limeside, lime green only ever had a 183 before that and didn't have a bus after 6.00 PM and non at all on Sundays, that's another good question which depot will run it on Sundays at the 76 terminates at Day Drive so it wont be able to interwork with the 78?
(23/07/2014 18:59)Mayneway Wrote:  Some odd allocations from AZ today saw 22102 and at least one other MAN along with 2 Enviro200's on 236/237's while the 345 was operated by an Enviro400.

I've noticed an AZ Enviro400 working a late evening 219 over the last few nights (22:45), has AZ taken over additional evening journeys or could these be the apparent loaned vehicles from AZ to HE?

17240 on 330 too that day. Was a nice comfier summer treat.

Been 22147 too alongside 22102 on the 237s only
(23/07/2014 22:05)acocker96 Wrote:  I wondered about egerton street as it doesn't have a place to turn around and the 78 goes down lime green road in limeside, lime green only ever had a 183 before that and didn't have a bus after 6.00 PM and non at all on Sundays, that's another good question which depot will run it on Sundays at the 76 terminates at Day Drive so it wont be able to interwork with the 78?

The 78 will run from King Street in Oldham via Rochdale Road (not calling at Oldham bus station), St Mary's Way via Henshaw Street, Horsedge Street to Egerton Street, where the service terminates. It then returns to Oldham bus station via St Mary's Way.

Lime Green Road has been served by the 52 and 406 previously, which were both First services, although they were only Mon-Sat daytime too.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)