Current time: 05/05/2024, 07:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(15/02/2014 22:46)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I saw a route 76-branded Enviro400, possibly 10043, on route 197 yesterday.

Is 10043 an example of Euro 5, 195xx series Euro 4 and 190xx Euro 3?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Not at all that simple I'm afraid, Stagecoach just filled the number block up from the start.

By my reckoning, all Enviro400s are at least euro4. Euro5 came in in October 2008, which roughly equates to 19400 in fleetnumber terms, although its likely that vehicles before this were fitted with E5 engines.

The 10xxx series is now being used only as 19xxx is full, and all vehicles so far in that range (with the exception of 10000) are euro5.
There are some good and some bad ALX400s in Stagecoach Manchester's fleet at the mo, for example take 17038 at Middleton Depot which is pretty slow in my opinion, slow to get going and its doesn't seem that quick when it gets going either then you've got Wigan Depot's 17005 which I had a ride on on Thursday evening on 18:40 540 Wigan-Bolton service and once it decided it was going to start up for the driver (it took a few times in Wigan Bus Station for it to start) I was surprised at how quick and smooth this vehicle is.
Most of the tridents are either slow, or generally unreliable. If you go along Oxford Road and stay there for any length of time, you'll often see a Magic Bus broke down, though the worst ones are the ex London ones with reg numbers NNO, or should we say N N NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOL
(16/02/2014 17:44)ace Wrote:  Most of the tridents are either slow, or generally unreliable. If you go along Oxford Road and stay there for any length of time, you'll often see a Magic Bus broke down, though the worst ones are the ex London ones with reg numbers NNO, or should we say N N NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOL
Stotts have 3 Ex-Stagecoach Londonm Tridents, two are X-NNO. 1 is X352 NNO and I can't remember the number of the other but one is slow and the other is fast. We used to get them on our school bus which was run by Stotts the driver said the slow one only had a 3-litre engine because London is very flat so the fuel pump was set to limit the amound of fuel getting into the engine which is why they are so slow.
(16/02/2014 18:22)acocker96 Wrote:  Stotts have 3 Ex-Stagecoach Londonm Tridents, two are X-NNO. 1 is X352 NNO and I can't remember the number of the other but one is slow and the other is fast. We used to get them on our school bus which was run by Stotts the driver said the slow one only had a 3-litre engine because London is very flat so the fuel pump was set to limit the amound of fuel getting into the engine which is why they are so slow.

It that is an unusual engine on a trident, the usual Cummins 6CT is 8.3 litres, even Volvo B6's have bigger engines (Volvo D6A 5.5L) No wonder it's slow.
(16/02/2014 18:41)VolvoB10M Wrote:  
(16/02/2014 18:22)acocker96 Wrote:  Stotts have 3 Ex-Stagecoach Londonm Tridents, two are X-NNO. 1 is X352 NNO and I can't remember the number of the other but one is slow and the other is fast. We used to get them on our school bus which was run by Stotts the driver said the slow one only had a 3-litre engine because London is very flat so the fuel pump was set to limit the amound of fuel getting into the engine which is why they are so slow.

It that is an unusual engine on a trident, the usual Cummins 6CT is 8.3 litres, even Volvo B6's have bigger engines (Volvo D6A 5.5L) No wonder it's slow.

Sometimes they'd put an ex-UK North Volvo Olympian on our school bus instead of a Trident and was definitely much faster the driver said it was a 22 litre engine so it was very powerful
Olympians are usually 9.6.
(16/02/2014 18:50)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Olympians are usually 9.6.
I wonder where came up with 22 litres from then?
That would be massive! The D10A has an output of 245 bhp (9.6L), so a 22L engine would give out approximately 561.5 bhp, going off the scale of the D10A.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)