Current time: 02/05/2024, 15:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
On the other hand there was an Olympian on the 112 all day, a nice treat for passengers.

It stuck out like a sore thumb next to First's Enviro's and even JPT had better stock down that neck of the woods!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/02/2014 10:24)YSV-205 Wrote:  19454 was operating the 142 this morning Manchester bound in Didsbury at 0745.

So......the Megarider tickets for Magicbus are cheaper than the regular Stagecoach. If I had a Magicbus Megarider ticket & saw the 142 coming & it was a regular Stagecoach Enviro400 I would think I can't put my hand out to stop it as I don't have the correct ticket, but...........surely if I did, the driver would have to accept my ticket because the bus should be a Magicbus. Would I be right? I suppose the same question can be asked about the two Spectra's. How is one supposed to know?

Yup - go by the route numbers, not the bus colour. 142 / 143 is solely Magicbus. This appears to be an issue that most of Manchester's university students cannot grasp.

Having said that, there is a theory floating around that if a route is operated by a blue Magicbus (outside of 142/3) we *should* in theory be charging Magicbus band fares, but I don't know how true that is.
(14/02/2014 20:28)Polo Mint Wrote:  On the other hand there was an Olympian on the 112 all day, a nice treat for passengers.

It stuck out like a sore thumb next to First's Enviro's and even JPT had better stock down that neck of the woods!

Oops, I missed that! I haven't been on 112 recently since they don't have much interesting stuff on it. They should move the Spectra's to Middleton since it's hard to get them on the 142/3.
(14/02/2014 20:37)R971XVM Wrote:  
(14/02/2014 10:24)YSV-205 Wrote:  19454 was operating the 142 this morning Manchester bound in Didsbury at 0745.

So......the Megarider tickets for Magicbus are cheaper than the regular Stagecoach. If I had a Magicbus Megarider ticket & saw the 142 coming & it was a regular Stagecoach Enviro400 I would think I can't put my hand out to stop it as I don't have the correct ticket, but...........surely if I did, the driver would have to accept my ticket because the bus should be a Magicbus. Would I be right? I suppose the same question can be asked about the two Spectra's. How is one supposed to know?

Yup - go by the route numbers, not the bus colour. 142 / 143 is solely Magicbus. This appears to be an issue that most of Manchester's university students cannot grasp.

Having said that, there is a theory floating around that if a route is operated by a blue Magicbus (outside of 142/3) we *should* in theory be charging Magicbus band fares, but I don't know how true that is.
I think the rule is that Magicbus fares only apply on the 142/143. Drivers will usually charge the normal fare for other routes. I've heard of drivers specifically telling passengers 'this is not a Magicbus' when they get on. Presumably therefore by the same token, ANY bus that operates the 142/143 should charge the Magicbus fare.
I would guess this is to do with the Magicbus fares being aimed solely at students, rather than the general public taking advantage of one that's simply replacing a bus that's out of service for some reason.
(14/02/2014 16:55)joe_alker Wrote:  
(14/02/2014 06:52)ace Wrote:  
(13/02/2014 22:24)Neukit Wrote:  19064/6/7/8 were being collected today, for transfer to Stagecoach East Scotland.

I hope you'll have as much joy with them as we have had over the last 12 months LOL

Would you like the rest of our old Enviro400s as well? But in return, we want some nicer buses. Maybe some ALX400s?

Yes please!
......you can have as many of the ALX400 heaps that came from London as you like!!
"..........and no, you can't change your mind once you've got them!!!
(14/02/2014 21:24)ace Wrote:  
(14/02/2014 20:37)R971XVM Wrote:  

I think the rule is that Magicbus fares only apply on the 142/143. Drivers will usually charge the normal fare for other routes. I've heard of drivers specifically telling passengers 'this is not a Magicbus' when they get on. Presumably therefore by the same token, ANY bus that operates the 142/143 should charge the Magicbus fare.
I would guess this is to do with the Magicbus fares being aimed solely at students, rather than the general public taking advantage of one that's simply replacing a bus that's out of service for some reason.

I got the on the 76 and Magic Bus 17631 turned up as a cover for 10047 and the driver didn't point out it wasn't Magic Bus to other passengers and she just charged what I knew to be the normal fare.
(14/02/2014 23:40)Neukit Wrote:  
(14/02/2014 16:55)joe_alker Wrote:  
(14/02/2014 06:52)ace Wrote:  I hope you'll have as much joy with them as we have had over the last 12 months LOL

Would you like the rest of our old Enviro400s as well? But in return, we want some nicer buses. Maybe some ALX400s?

Yes please!
......you can have as many of the ALX400 heaps that came from London as you like!!

They're not heaps, some are actually quite nice. S811BWC is possibly the smartest looking bus in Manchester, yet is used almost solely on school services. Although S838BWC needs those adverts removing. Despicable Me 2, out 28th June....?
(15/02/2014 14:40)joe_alker Wrote:  
(14/02/2014 23:40)Neukit Wrote:  
(14/02/2014 16:55)joe_alker Wrote:  Would you like the rest of our old Enviro400s as well? But in return, we want some nicer buses. Maybe some ALX400s?

Yes please!

They're not heaps, some are actually quite nice. S811BWC is possibly the smartest looking bus in Manchester, yet is used almost solely on school services. Although S838BWC needs those adverts removing. Despicable Me 2, out 28th June....?

Arnt them ones from Devon??
I think he's reffering to the Tridents that came up from London for the Olympics most of them with the reg numbers ending NNO.
In comparison to the original Manchester examples and indeed the few Devon examples the ones from London are certainly heaps Smile
(15/02/2014 14:49)Mayneway Wrote:  
(15/02/2014 14:40)joe_alker Wrote:  
(14/02/2014 23:40)Neukit Wrote:  Yes please!

Arnt them ones from Devon??
I think he's reffering to the Tridents that came up from London for the Olympics most of them with the reg numbers ending NNO.
In comparison to the original Manchester examples and indeed the few Devon examples the ones from London are certainly heaps Smile

You seem to forget that the Devon examples were new to London. And the NNO examples weren't bad, and neither were the Manchester ones.
I have seen new E400Hs 12248 on route 84 today (Saturday working) an 12253 on route 42 one evening, I think Wednesday. These have "normal" insignia as per 10/60/12-reg examples. I think they are intended for route 111.

I saw a route 76-branded Enviro400, possibly 10043, on route 197 yesterday.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)