Current time: 26/04/2024, 22:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ashcroft's
RE: Ashcroft's
(27/03/2013 19:07)motormayhem Wrote:  How long as ashcrofts had plaxton president HIG 8906

December 2012.

Re-registered January 2013

HIG 8906
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Ashcrofts have recently aquired a Dennis Dart SLF 9.3M with Marshall Capital bodywork which has gained the registration off one of their coaches being LJI 3799, I'm guessing the original registration is T103 KGP. http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasharrison/9006477998/

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(10/06/2013 12:29)R557 ABA Wrote:  Ashcrofts have recently aquired a Dennis Dart SLF 9.3M with Marshall Capital bodywork which has gained the registration off one of their coaches being LJI 3799, I'm guessing the original registration is T103 KGP. http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasharrison/9006477998/

They own another, which is in Ashcrofts allover blue livery (without logo's), also of the T***KGP fame.
They have owned them for around 4 months now, and can mainly be found on an evening service around the busway, Service 53 IICR?
Was on one of ashcrofts Marshall Capitals the other day in Runcorn. Its seen better days, but boy does it go along the busway! Loadings dont seem to good for the 200, I think they operate every 20 minutes but there is often more than 3 a hour!

What service runs do Ashcrofts operate? I've only ever seen them do coach work...
(08/07/2013 17:13)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  What service runs do Ashcrofts operate? I've only ever seen them do coach work...

They run the 200 Runcorn old town - astmoor - shopping city. Some services run to Runcorn railway station. (1 a hour most of the time).There timetable is pretty hit and miss and they never really run to there correct times, but you will never be waiting more than 20 minutes. As for other services, they used to run a service in Widnes. I think it was West Bank - Widnes and service number was possibly 8, it was worked by one of Haltons old darts which they bought, and it wore there green livery but it was quite some years ago. Apart from that its just coach services.

Oh and the 52 as well I think.

The main bus services are the 200 and the 52 (As Stated)
They also run a number of school services including the 10 to cronton.

They are the private hire company for Riverside College (Anthonys travel is only used when a disabled students requires a coach with a ramp), and a number of other local schools in the area, such as the primary school in Cronton Village which does a swimming contract with the public bath house on Kingsway
Rumour that ashcrofts are starting some kind of Widnes circular, cant see it myself with the 26/a being there amongst others. I don't see a lot of room for expansion with Widnes's bus network. Idle Gossip?

(15/08/2013 19:39)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  Rumour that ashcrofts are starting some kind of Widnes circular, cant see it myself with the 26/a being there amongst others. I don't see a lot of room for expansion with Widnes's bus network. Idle Gossip?

l read on flickr that they have been taken off from some contract service in Halton and Howards are currently running it with the East Lancs Dart???
Photo here;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60663859@N0...ezc-b1H6cB

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)