Current time: 26/04/2024, 11:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ashcroft's
Ashcroft's
Post all news that relates to Ashcroft's into this thread.

Ex-A1A Travel Plaxton Beaver 2 Y11 JBA is now with this company. It sports a white variant of their standard livery (it doesn't appear to have been branded with company names yet) and it features manual destination equipment. It was on the 200 today.

(Credit to a source on Facebook for this information.)

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Ashcroft's
Its sister ex A1A passed me and my mate earlier with no logos but ashcrofts .on blinds
Find all posts by this user
They may now also own T111 JBA as well then, I have seen this running around Runcorn in all over white as well previously, never seen the front of it to see if there are any logos or destinations in it.
The enhanced 200 service, currently operated by Ashcroft's on behalf of HBC, starts on Monday - it is now extended to Runcorn bus station and Runcorn railway station (plus a couple of early morning journeys starting at Green Oaks in Widnes) to serve the various Runcorn employment sites.

Will be interesting to see what the loadings are like.
I checked out what Ashcroft's were employing on the recently extended and increased frequency on the 200 service in Runcorn on Friday as it now has a PVR of 2 and reaches as far as the town centre and railway station.

The first bus was a Mercedes 0814D/Plaxton Beaver 2 in the shape on HIG 5674 - new as Y11 JBA with AIA of Birkenhead. Photo HERE.

The second bus was a real disappointment as it was a rather battered and scruffy Mercedes in the form of T807 TSC. Doesn't pull on BLOTW , but I'm sure I read Tomlinson of Winsford legals as it passed me, so it is a loan/hire to Ashcroft's or an aquisition? Photo HERE.
Two former Alfa Travel; Chorley (LA) Dennis/Plaxton Paragon's have been aquired - PN03 OVM and PN03 OVP

Photo HERE.
I had PN03OVM on a college trip to Chester Zoo today, first of all it was 20 minutes late following doing a school run, It wasn't the 33 seater requested, and upon leaving Chester Zoo, The door had to be opened manually and the bus got stuck in neutral, so due to waiting an hour for a replacement to arrive, I missed the one-a-day college 44 service as we arrived back in Cronton at 4.55, instead of 3.30.

HIG1236 replaced it, and for an older vehicle, It was much nicer inside and seemed more powerful.
How long as ashcrofts had plaxton president HIG 8906
(27/03/2013 19:07)motormayhem Wrote:  How long as ashcrofts had plaxton president HIG 8906

Atleast scince the start of February when I got a photo of it
http://www.flickr.com/photos/38817273@N0...hotostream

I had the same reaction having not seeing it round Cronton, as Ashcrofts are Cronton College's main private hire company and they also do a Cronton Village primary school service to the swimming baths
I think it looks great and suits that livery well.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)