Current time: 28/04/2024, 16:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva North West - Speke Depot (Old Closed Thread)
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
(17/09/2016 11:42)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Not 100% but they may of been put on hold as from what i hear is that the new transport mayor for liverpool is after a london style system and DB are waiting to see if thats true before investing more millions on buses they may not need but please don't quote me on that as i know what Chinese whispers are like.

IF it goes to franchising, it's still a long way off. Anyway, the likelihood is that that the latest spec buses would be required for Speke operations. Also, as in London, any franchise would be on a five or seven-year term and these vehicles would then be cascaded to other areas.
Find all posts by this user
The mayor has given the operators 2 years before he even thinks of going down the franchising road.
The new buses are hybrids and part of the green bus fund so will definitely be arriving
When did 2579 come back to Speke?
(20/09/2016 16:29)jcksmnr Wrote:  When did 2579 come back to Speke?

I think it was when 4476-8 went over to Winsford
(17/09/2016 15:24)mr t Wrote:  The mayor has given the operators 2 years before he even thinks of going down the franchising road.
The new buses are hybrids and part of the green bus fund so will definitely be arriving

Are there elections for Liverpool City Region in 2017? If so and Labour win it will be Steve Rotherham who will be mayor. I seem to remember that he and Andy Burnham wanted full control of bus services in the North Western Powerhouse. This said though there would need to be a fairly substantial lead in period for any franchising scheme.
This will affect investment decisions in the near future as the big operators arent happy with bus route franchising.
2585 is now also interurban leaving just 2591/92 & 2595/96 to repainted.
(23/09/2016 03:01)wirralbus Wrote:  This will affect investment decisions in the near future as the big operators arent happy with bus route franchising.

This is going off topic but, IF franchising ever comes about, the big operators won't have any option but to accept it as is the situation in London. As a depot, Speke would be in an incredibly strong position with its current fleet profile.
2606 on the 79D yesterday.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
There was at least 2 Commanders on there yesterday witch is a daily thing so not worth reporting.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)