Current time: 27/04/2024, 19:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
I used the Golds yesterday (I hardly ever use that service) and tried to use the USB sockets but they must have been overpowered. After a couple of minutes the phone would stop charging - I wondered what was going on and then unplugged the cable to find that it was incredibly hot, and the usb plug itself was too hot to touch. I had it plugged into the 1A outlet, but my guess is that considerably more was going through it. I have a USB voltage tester at home, next time I use that route I'll check what is actually coming through the sockets. I've never had anything like it before.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
And before anybody suggests it was my phone, I got off the SC 1 and got onto the Sapphire 1 to Wrexham immediately after and the USB outlets on that worked fine for the entire journey.
Them horrible hard blue seats on the E400MMCs are different on the newer batch (10564 onwards). They look slightly larger, padded and have an orange stripe on.
Currently on 10565 on the 14, First one from the 2nd batch i have seen out so far, worth noting us the WI-FI does not work as its not giving me the sign in page

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I was getting told by a driver before that there already starting with electrical problems as a couple have been towed back in and 1 or 2 as had to return to Alexander to be repaired.
(16/05/2016 10:51)R879 HRF Wrote:  The WiFi issue is the same on th birkenhead buses. They don't connect most of the time. Some don't even load the signin page and just says avoided poor connection and disconnects.

Our gold buses have the usb and charging points however they're pretty problematic. Quite often they don't work , presumably they keep blowing fuses.

Nice to know, that I am not the only one, to have problems using WiFi on Stagecoach Buses!, But I have never had any problems using WiFi on First Buses.
(16/05/2016 16:50)Enviro400 Wrote:  I used the Golds yesterday (I hardly ever use that service) and tried to use the USB sockets but they must have been overpowered. After a couple of minutes the phone would stop charging - I wondered what was going on and then unplugged the cable to find that it was incredibly hot, and the usb plug itself was too hot to touch. I had it plugged into the 1A outlet, but my guess is that considerably more was going through it. I have a USB voltage tester at home, next time I use that route I'll check what is actually coming through the sockets. I've never had anything like it before.

If you can remember the fleet no i'd phone up birkenhead depot if I where you and let them know. Sure they wouldn't want any phones exploding on their buses! Sounds like pretty serious fault..

I am no longer active on this forum.
27719 now has Wifi but still has the 10A branding.
Dont know how true it is but i was told yesterday that the 10A is suppose to be getting deckers too.
Perhaps that might explain why some vehicles have lost the 10A branding.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)