Current time: 27/04/2024, 19:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(12/05/2016 23:55)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  10564 (SN16 OSZ) has been here all week. Hasn't seen service yet. 10546/7 arrived today.

Ah right.....surprised the second batch are arriving before the first has finished delivery! Just another thought regarding these new MMC's, do we know what's to be replaced as a result of these? I would assume Dart's at least, plus the few Enviro400's which have gone back to Preston....

Cheers!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
SN16 OTA which i presume is 10565? Is also out on delivery.
I think your right, only one or two 56 plate Enviro400s left here now. Im assuming the Versas will be going as the two way radios have been removed.
I have spotted photos of 10538 in service. I shall show one of the full bus and the other of the inside.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130120190@...KLD-H6qqYr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130120190@...Huv-tVzdgJ
I see Gillmoss have started retrofitting Wifi to some of the older Enviros - 27716 now has it although on the journey I've just had didn't seem to be working properly - after completing the questionnaire, it just simply wouldn't connect.
(14/05/2016 15:10)Dentonian Wrote:  I sincerely hope that those seats (and backs) aren't as excruciatingly uncomfortable as they look.

Had a couple of MMCs before and i did not find them comfy myself, also worth noting one of the USB sockets where damaged and lose from the wall but did still work

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Seats are rock hard. Ive noticed damage to the USB ports myself. Sadly, it has to be expected on the routes they are put on though.

10A branded Enviro300s appear to be losing their branding. 27716 & 27720 that ive noted.
(14/05/2016 23:36)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  10A branded Enviro300s appear to be losing their branding. 27716 & 27720 that ive noted.

Probably getting the WiFi done at the same time as that appears to be the case with 27716.
(15/05/2016 10:12)Dentonian Wrote:  I don't want to get into a debate about collective responsibility and punishment, but I've never heard of investing in new buses for a specific route and then specifying unacceptable seating.
I should point out that my interest is purely in *downstairs* seating. I've heard reports elsewhere implying that this years order introduces a new general seating specification for all new buses (except Gold etc), and based on photos of *upstairs* seating is more comfortable than the current standard for both up and down.

The standard high-backed Pratico seating both upstairs and downstairs on the new Enviro400s is identical and respectably comfortable. However, the low-backed seating over the moulded plastic towards the back downstairs and on the front right row and back row upstairs is rock hard and barely an improvement over what the older style Enviros had.

There are already some differences in seating specification between divisions, as the Glasgow batch (10511-10525) don't appear to have any of the low-backed seats at all.
(14/05/2016 13:04)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I see Gillmoss have started retrofitting Wifi to some of the older Enviros - 27716 now has it although on the journey I've just had didn't seem to be working properly - after completing the questionnaire, it just simply wouldn't connect.

Quite common for the wifi not to work tbh. Here in Manchester virtually all Ashton depots vehicles had wifi fitted over a year ago (some vehiches still have no internal/external decals to tell passengers the bus has wifi), including most of the older Enviro400's and it's quite common for the wifi to get stuck on the 'connecting' page and not go any further.

Do many people use the USB sockets? I'm a iPhone owner/user and there renowned for there sure battery life but I don't carry a charging lead every where I go and I suspect a lot of others don't either still I suppose in the heat of summer when most buses heaters are on full whack hot commuters could use them usb fans to keep cool Smile
The WiFi issue is the same on th birkenhead buses. They don't connect most of the time. Some don't even load the signin page and just says avoided poor connection and disconnects.

Our gold buses have the usb and charging points however they're pretty problematic. Quite often they don't work , presumably they keep blowing fuses.

I am no longer active on this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)