Current time: 18/05/2024, 18:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Virgin Trains
RE: Virgin Trains
There will be the possibility of anglo Scottish services being diverted via Edge Hill instead of Manchester or Warrington , which gives some more operational flexability as well in the future
Find all posts by this user
Just been watching Youtube and an Advert came up involving a Virgin Train on Platform 7 at Liverpool Lime Street

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The problems at Warrington (noted in the ATW Thread) are also affecting Virgin services and there is a rail replacement bus / coach service in operation between Warrington and Wigan.
Times like these that the electrified Chat Moss route becomes very useful
I agree but some times if it isnt planned it just displaces staff which can cause more disruption when traincrew are no longer in the right place .

Everybody hates road replacement transport but sometimes its best for the operations staff .
Sounds like absolute chaos at Manchester Piccadilly tonight , with services stopping short at Stockport or Wilmslow , this is caused by OHLE fault .
(01/07/2015 17:56)wirralbus Wrote:  Sounds like absolute chaos at Manchester Piccadilly tonight , with services stopping short at Stockport or Wilmslow , this is caused by OHLE fault .
Not just Piccadilly.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(02/07/2015 16:33)childwallblues Wrote:  Not just Piccadilly.

I agree it was more than just Piccadilly suffering yesterday but just that one incident at Slade Lane had repercussions in all directions , its a long time since i saw delays of such magnitude though.
(24/04/2015 05:13)childwallblues Wrote:  390050 is the first of the 21 x 9 car units to be modified to increase the standard class accommodation. First class carriage G has been downgraded to standard, fitted with 2+2 seating and re-lettered as carriage F. The work is being done at Oxley Depot and the unit is oos for a week.

Travelled on 390040 last week which has also been modified.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(29/07/2015 07:09)childwallblues Wrote:  Travelled on 390040 last week which has also been modified.

There's at least 10 done, off the top of my head, 390016/20/40/42-47/49/50, think all to be done by September

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)