Current time: 16/04/2024, 07:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Virgin Trains
Virgin Trains
Post about virgin trains here!
Find all posts by this user
RE: Virgin Trains
Services between London Euston and Milton Keynes Central are meeting with delays after the imposition of speed restrictions between those two locations .

This also affects London Midland and Southern services.
Wonder how long that's for as I have to use the line?
Think it might only have been heat related , for some reason Network Rail seems to not have much confidence in there infrastructure .

When it blows they put a speed restriction on , when its too warm they put a speed restriction , next it will rain too much and they will put a speed restriction on.

Virgin must get mightly frustrated by this risk averse culture now that Network Rail would have to pay out compensation if things went wrong , in the days of British Rail it was all different .
Due to flooding in the Oxenholme area alternative road transport is in operation between Lancaster and Carlisle .

Road road transport is having to be obtained due to problems in the North east of England that also has the East Coast line presently closed as well due to flooding.
Just when the service was starting to right itself from the flooding and landslip chaos of the previous day , services between Lockerbie and Carstairs are subject to delays of up to 90 minutes because of Overhead Wire problems .

Probably we are talking about a long section of single line working and trains backing up in both directions .
I've noticed some of the Pendolinos have been made uo to 11 coaches in the 3901xx range. So far I've seen 135 and 137 but I think the latest ones (54 & 55) may be as well
Yeah, the units are re-numbered 390/1's when they recieve the extra 2 coaches.
(02/07/2012 19:32)507022 Wrote:  I've noticed some of the Pendolinos have been made uo to 11 coaches in the 3901xx range. So far I've seen 135 and 137 but I think the latest ones (54 & 55) may be as well
390107/12/14/19/24/35/36/37/41/54/55/56/57 at least!
Court case starts on October 17 and is expected to last at least three days .
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)