Current time: 28/03/2024, 16:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
34820 on SP1 today

Lots of late running on RF/CR routes due to roadworks in Bromborough and Port Sunlight

Also the Ribble Trident was parked up in EPBS today so may have transferred to Chester?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/09/2016 16:23)DVG526 Wrote:  34820 on SP1 today

Lots of late running on RF/CR routes due to roadworks in Bromborough and Port Sunlight

Also the Ribble Trident was parked up in EPBS today so may have transferred to Chester?

The trident could of just been for route training as Rf take over the 6 from Sunday I think

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]

It's far too late now, but for the life of me, I don't know why the Ribble Trident was never based at Gillmoss. It could have operated on the Liverpool-Crosby 53, which in pre-deregulation days was Ribble's most frequent/profitable service, L3.

34812 noted on the X8 in Bromborough earlier.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(02/09/2016 13:27)Lynx Wrote:  I doubt that the X2 will win over many passenger from Arriva. The fact is most people will already have Arriva day/weekly tickets from using connecting services in Runcorn/Widnes. As mentioned the gas buses are more than a good match for the MMCs and the earlier and later running and frequency of the 21/X30 would personally for me make it a no brainer to use the Arriva over Stagecoach.

The idea of the X2 isn't to take competition off the 21/X30, but rather to provide an extended route into a heart of Cheshire which no other bus company currently serves from Halton. The economical reason it exists is to allow for easier driver changes at the Chester end, and for passengers a 'better value for money' network. When I've done the 21/X30, not many passengers have traveled the entire route length

Although if travelling directly from Runcorn to Chester, the Arriva route offers a faster, more frequent and slightly better standard of buses, the X2 serves Cheshire Oaks, Blue Planet and offers onward connections to Chester Zoo (1/X8). Something which arriva cannot compete with. If you're taking your kids on a day out, the no brainier for me would be the X2, which is also cheaper if your buying tickets for the whole family.
Cheshire Oaks seems to be an exclusive Stagecoach area , it has been a while since Arriva ever operated into Cheshire Oaks .
(02/09/2016 21:11)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  The idea of the X2 isn't to take competition off the 21/X30, but rather to provide an extended route into a heart of Cheshire which no other bus company currently serves from Halton. The economical reason it exists is to allow for easier driver changes at the Chester end, and for passengers a 'better value for money' network. When I've done the 21/X30, not many passengers have traveled the entire route length

Although if travelling directly from Runcorn to Chester, the Arriva route offers a faster, more frequent and slightly better standard of buses, the X2 serves Cheshire Oaks, Blue Planet and offers onward connections to Chester Zoo (1/X8). Something which arriva cannot compete with. If you're taking your kids on a day out, the no brainier for me would be the X2, which is also cheaper if your buying tickets for the whole family.

To be fair I was merely responding to comments raised in regards to the X2 taking passengers from the 21/X30, I'm aware that the intention of the X2 isn't to directly compete with Arriva.

Like you say the X2 serves Cheshire Oaks and the surrounding area, just like GHA used to on the 36 so to be honest the type of passengers your talking about never were Arriva passengers in the first place.
36802 is now RF,on 41 this morning

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(03/09/2016 12:32)Lynx Wrote:  To be fair I was merely responding to comments raised in regards to the X2 taking passengers from the 21/X30, I'm aware that the intention of the X2 isn't to directly compete with Arriva.

Like you say the X2 serves Cheshire Oaks and the surrounding area, just like GHA used to on the 36 so to be honest the type of passengers your talking about never were Arriva passengers in the first place.

I think my comments have been misconstrued somewhere along the line. I know they haven't introduced the route to compete with arriva. What I meant was that by intoducing a route to Chester, a route primarily operated by Arriva, then inevitably there will be competition and a way for Stagecoach to get more presence in the area.

Not everyone is a bus Enthusiast. They will see a cheaper ticket to the same destination, and use this bus.

And yes, the Ecocity's are a decent bus, but with the added USB ports on the mmc's, there's the appeal to the younger generation/students.
Looks like Chester have picked up a school contract running the following
ZSP1/2 Stagecoach Ysgol Alun Yr Wyddgrug / Ysgol Maes Garmon Alun School Mold / Ysgol Maes Garmon Garden City, Queensferry, Aston, Ewloe, Ewloe Green, Buckley, Mynydd Isa, New Brighton

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)