Current time: 09/05/2024, 13:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(13/10/2015 08:20)wirralbus Wrote:  For sure when they all arrive Stagecoach will not miss a trick for a publicity shot .

That's something that the corporate big wigs like .

I'll put a fiver on a shot of them fanned out at Pier Head with a low-down shot getting the Liver Building in
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/10/2015 13:40)E208 WBG Wrote:  Went past Chester earlier 55 plate solo Stagecoach Goldlines branding for Lemington Spar by the pits

That will one of the ones that will be replacing darts. It will get repainted into corporate.
SN65 OCS/Y/Z are in Gillmoss
(13/10/2015 19:57)Dentonian Wrote:  Are you sure they were '55 reg? I think Leamington's Gold Solos are '57 and '08 reg. Indeed, some of the '57s have been reported as moving to Northampton for repaint into standard livery, with an inference they will be leaving Midlands altogether.

They might be able to downgrade the livery but I doubt they will be removing the leather seats, so sounds like somewhere will be getting some fairly high class vehicles!
(13/10/2015 19:57)Dentonian Wrote:  Are you sure they were '55 reg? I think Leamington's Gold Solos are '57 and '08 reg. Indeed, some of the '57s have been reported as moving to Northampton for repaint into standard livery, with an inference they will be leaving Midlands altogether.

Almost - the Gold Solos at Leamington are 57-reg and 58-reg

(13/10/2015 20:16)Valandil Wrote:  They might be able to downgrade the livery but I doubt they will be removing the leather seats, so sounds like somewhere will be getting some fairly high class vehicles!

They're replacing Darts at Chester on local services
They have USB ports between the seats as well don't they? Posh.
(13/10/2015 20:16)Valandil Wrote:  They might be able to downgrade the livery but I doubt they will be removing the leather seats, so sounds like somewhere will be getting some fairly high class vehicles!

From what I can gather the leather Goldline seating will be retained as someone in the council has got it in their heads that by having leather seats will increase passenger numbers!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(13/10/2015 21:43)chester285 Wrote:  From what I can gather the leather Goldline seating will be retained as someone in the council has got it in their heads that by having leather seats will increase passenger numbers!

To be honest, they're not much wrong. If I'm waiting for the bus to Liverpool from Birkenhead and a 464 comes along - often served by older vehicles with 'fluffy' seats - I'll generally wait the extra 7 or 8 minutes for a 471/2, which has a higher chance of having leather seats. To me the leather is cleaner and therefore more desirable to use than material seats which can absorb all manner of spilled drinks and bodily products!
Personally, i would rather be able to stand straight up and get off the bus, than have to peel myself off a seat before i can do anything else.
We all have our own personal preferences when it comes to buses , be it bus type ,seat type .

Im with PO59 on this one , I want a seat where I don't feel unduly uncomfortable on warm days and not unduly cool on colder days .

With these vehicles in Chester , Stagecoach would be mad to take the seats out that came with those Solo's so they have managed to get at least something decent in return for the lower seating capacity. Time will tell if it was a bold move that worked or a bold move that failed .

User(s) browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)