Current time: 09/05/2024, 07:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Just had a ride on 34599 working the 41/42. Much better than the rubbish enviro200s. Very comfortable ride.

Come on stagecoach Birkenhead get rid of the enviro200s and get darts instead. Much better buses.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17498 should be the 2nd Magic at Rock Ferry with 17499 due to move over soon, Stagecoach will not get rid of Enviro 200s for Darts, the Enviros are far newer however I do think they are a bit small for the routes they operate on

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The worst routes for them poxy enviros are the 1 & 2 liverpool - chester. They are absolutely useless on that run.
21120 is on the 472
Stagecoach has been awarded Cheshire West and Chester Council’s Park and Ride contract, which will see Stagecoach operate the programme until 2021. Twelve brand new Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 MMC buses with Euro 6 engines are to be placed onto these services. All buses will come complete with e-leather seating, free 4G WiFi, state-of-the-art air chill and the latest audio visual, next stop announcement system.

http://www.thenorthwestbusblog.co.uk/201...coach.html

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
"As part of the contract, Stagecoach will be rolling out 12 new Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 MMC buses with Euro 6 engines. All buses will come complete with e-leather seating, free 4G WiFi, state-of-the-art air chill and the latest audio visual, next stop announcement system"

So car drivers get all the perks of riding on a bus even though they will only be on the thing for about 10 minutes... Next stop announcements?Confused

Enviro200s?? Cram them car drivers, buggies, grandmas and grandads in all day.. Should be well cosy..

Should be deckers all day long, high density seating and no added extras. Save the perks for the proper bus users...
It seams a little odd that they have opted for the Enviro200 MMC for the Chester park and rides, from memory I do not recall seeing or hearing that Chester or Gilmoss had trialled this model, where as earlier in the year both Chester and Gilmoss had the E350H. Surely powers at be would go for something slightly bigger to cope with demand especially race days and Christmas time with CWaC are doing their uptmost best to rid Chester of car drivers yet having smaller buses than present is surely going to push people to drive in to town

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
There is no ADL option other than the E200MMC now. I'm assuming they will be specifying the 11.8m version (a.k.a Enviro300 replacement) - presumably the Councils baulked at the cost of hybrids.
I gather they will be similar to the 45 seaters that National Express West Midlands have got.
One can't help wonder the thought processb behind buying smaller buses. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the new gold Enviro300s seat less than the already full to the Brim cramped solar?

In my mind it would have been sensible to invest in deckers for the 1, and reroute the 1 to omitt the zoo, wheatsheaf and Bache rail so it avoids the bridge and rather run straight down Liverpool road past the countless like the 2 currently does, and reroute the 2 via the zoo and wheatsheaf.

The 1 tries to do too much, and is very overcrowded in school holidays and around Christmas, the timetables go out of the window, and people often left behind.

On another note, a photo of one of the new Enviro300s SN65OCU fresh outside at adl I believe, thanks to MOD571P for photo https://flic.kr/p/yNhWvY

I am no longer active on this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 30 Guest(s)