Current time: 08/05/2024, 18:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(31/03/2015 18:39)Dentonian Wrote:  Also, if its due roadworks or Police incident its fine, or if the lack of availibility of a single decker is very rare. This sounds like it is a regular planned occurence, which means it deliberatly contravenes the registered particulars.

I wouldnt say its planned. At times depots will have a shortage of buses, could be that theres single deckers in for inspection and theres a few off the road with faults, like just been reported that one has been towed in, and its also been reported thatones engine has blown. So if a decker has just come in off a school and a bus is needed and thats all they have then its going to get sent out rather than drop mileage.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
What's happening with the rail replacement tridents now rails have finished?
(31/03/2015 19:41)E208 WBG Wrote:  What's happening with the rail replacement tridents now rails have finished?

Wouldnt surprise me if they got used for the Moorfields rails.
(31/03/2015 18:39)Dentonian Wrote:  This sounds like it is a regular planned occurence, which means it deliberatly contravenes the registered particulars.

I totally agree, I read all to often not only on this forum, but also on facebook, about Stagecoach buses going off they registered routes.

I have worked in the road freight industry, for some 30-years, if a wagon company was to show such disregard for its customers, as stagecoach appears to show, then it wouldn't be long before the authorities got involve!
It's not regular, deckers on the 1 has occurred no more than 3 times in the past 12 months. And on at least 2 of those occasions they've only ran short to Ellesmere port on evening runs. Deckers out on 1s 2s 41/2s are only out when desperate and as soon as a spare vehicle becomes available they're taken off.

19022 only did a round trip on the 2 yesterday, not that its a problem anyway to be on a 2. If a decker is purposely allocated to a 2 for a day, its always on a 2 only board, ie no interworking.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Volvo B7RLE YK53 GXP (21254) is on the 41\42 today.
Full page advert for X8 from Liverpool end in the Metro today

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Rail tridents 17494,527,549,575 have departed, assume they've gone to gillmoss..

17591 remains dead at the front and 17501 is still undergoing conversion.

I am no longer active on this forum.
14168 has been returned to Ensign, 14166 is to follow.

(Guessing that 14166 needs work as it hasn't seen service for a good few years)
(01/04/2015 19:47)Dentonian Wrote:  By conversion, I take it you mean to Open top?

Yes - 17501 is being converted to open top

User(s) browsing this thread: 37 Guest(s)