Current time: 09/05/2024, 07:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(05/02/2015 18:01)chester285 Wrote:  Any idea where abouts?

The land by the Cheshire Trade Centre that demolishin work recently got carried out on. The managing director wasnt too keen on it last year as it is pretty close to a bend, looks like shes changed her mind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
it must go some way back then because I wouldn't of thought it would hold that many!

The land by the Cheshire Trade Centre that demolishin work recently got carried out on. The managing director wasnt too keen on it last year as it is pretty close to a bend, looks like shes changed her mind.
[/quote]

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Meeting with Cheshire West and Chester Council today over the Park & Ride. 8 companies have bidded for it, with 2 of them being foreign companies (havnt a clue who the 8 are but im sure you can guess a few). July 2015 will be the announcment of who has won the contract and CWCC are going to try and get that company to run it but of course pay the council the earnings.
(07/02/2015 20:17)Shaun821 Wrote:  Meeting with Cheshire West and Chester Council today over the Park & Ride. 8 companies have bidded for it, with 2 of them being foreign companies (havnt a clue who the 8 are but im sure you can guess a few). July 2015 will be the announcment of who has won the contract and CWCC are going to try and get that company to run it but of course pay the council the earnings.

I can't believe it eight companies have bidded for it, I thought may 2 or 3 companies but seem alots of interesting. Watch out the space now.
That will be all the major operators in the Uk and a few others i reckon , if stagecoach dont get it thats a big chunk of work at Chester lost.
Well arriva are now a foreign firm.
Guess who Bidder for it:-
Arriva?
Stagecoach?
First Group?
G.H.A?
Helms?
Happy Als?
Any Another's?
I would imagine it would be between Stagecoach or Arriva, as I would imagine they have the financial might behind them to invest in a large quantity of new vehicles of which I think I read the council would like hybrids.

Guess who Bidder for it:-
Arriva?
Stagecoach?
First Group?
G.H.A?
Helms?
Happy Als?
Any Another's?
[/quote]

It got advertised nationwide remember so could be anyone. If Arriva got it then I couldnt see there being enough room at Hawarden, i reckon it would be operated from Wrexham. July will reveal all.
Would make more sense, unless it was split between the 2 depots, I do wonder though whether stagecoach acquiring land to create a second depot in Chester has any connection with placing a bid, because unless they lost the contract I wouldn't really see a need for a second depot, unless they have big plans in the pipe line
It got advertised nationwide remember so could be anyone. If Arriva got it then I couldnt see there being enough room at Hawarden, i reckon it would be operated from Wrexham. July will reveal all.
[/quote]

User(s) browsing this thread: 36 Guest(s)