Current time: 08/05/2024, 23:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Its just an observation of a service today , considering this has officially only two more stops left to do at Eastham and Bromborough Mill Lane .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
How fast do the X8s go on the M53?
(09/09/2014 20:59)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Just buy a Saveaway thats £4.90 any day no matter what the time of purchase is bar the fact of the weekday peak times thats it.

As regarding Cheshire oaks Etc..why doesn't the X8 just do Chester - Chester Station - Ellesmere Bus Station - Ellesmere Station - Cheshire Oaks Express via Motorway to Birkenhead then over to Liverpool that would be a much nicer service and quite quick to be honest like i said 1 Hour 10 minutes is not a Express at all in my opinion.

A £15.00 megarider plus works out cheaper if a) commuting in the peak hour and b) works out at considerably less than £4.90 a day. I travel to work 5 days per week & have to use services in the morning peak.

Stagecoach won't route the bus via the Motorway to Birkenhead as a) it's quite a bit further round and b) there's no revenue to be had going that way. As things stand, Stagecoach will get a cut of the Saveaway/Solo/Trio pot by stopping along the A41 (albeit limited stop). If the service went via the motorway, they wouldn't get any of that revenue.

The point of the service is not an end to end express service - there's little point in doing that. It's to create a fast link from Chester railway station & the east side of Chester to Cheshire Oaks/Ellesmere Port, and additionally a fast service from EP to Liverpool (which is faster than the parallel train between those two points).

27780 was back out this evening on the 17.05 ex Liverpool.
(10/09/2014 20:10)Busser Wrote:  How fast do the X8s go on the M53?

Around 50 mph I'd estimate - just keeping up with the traffic really. They can go a bit faster but there's little point given the timings.
(10/09/2014 20:10)Busser Wrote:  How fast do the X8s go on the M53?

Limited to 56mph so thats the max
If it makes people feel any better Blush I walked past the x8 this morning in Ellesmere Port and it have about 12 people on it. I did see it on the way home at 6pm and it had 1 person on it.LOL
Heard an advert on Juice Fm for the X8 yesterday saying its liverpool - Chester in an hour and ideal for Cheshire oaks, so they really are hammering the advertising it seems for it
I'm on 27780 on the X8 to Liverpool and it has turned into Ellesmere Port station but on my way to Chester earlier today it never turned into the station, it just sailed past. Is this supposed to happen.

Another thing I have noticed is that when you try and connect to the wifi on 27780 it says welcome to the x22 wifi and then gives you a short questionnaire to complete about the service
According to the Stagecoach timetable the service towards Chester the bus service calls at the bus stop on the main road , on the return it operates via the Railway Station , probably so that the passengers do not have to cross the main roads in the area which can be very busy.
No the X8 is not supposed to call in to the station on the way to Chester. Probably an inexperienced driver.

User(s) browsing this thread: 23 Guest(s)