Current time: 08/05/2024, 21:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
I think most drivers at chester know the 2 apart from a few who mainly do ex GHA routes but I think we must be clear its not impossible to take a wrong turn. Bus drivers are human and we all make mistakes from time to time. I've took a wrong turn before now on a route I used to travel on everyday. Some of the criticism is a bit harsh.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I agree that you could drive that route a million times and for some strange reason you can just lose your bearings and take a wrong turn as ive seen it done many a times and done it myself and as a professional driver you just have to do your best to rectify it by either turning around or take another route to get back on track.
(10/02/2017 16:40)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I agree that you could drive that route a million times and for some strange reason you can just lose your bearings and take a wrong turn as ive seen it done many a times and done it myself and as a professional driver you just have to do your best to rectify it by either turning around or take another route to get back on track.

Many years ago when I did a 20-mile commute I was advised to vary my route as much and as often as possible to avoid losing concentration. It must be the reverse for bus drivers.
A driver that gets use to doing the same route for ages becomes similar to a robot and to much into there comfort zone as you think you know it inside out untill one day someone comes along and cuts a tree down on the corner your use to looking out for to know its your turning , or someone paints there house from bright red back to a normal colour.
All factors can change and a driver may not relise till its pointed out to them because there so use to seeing everyday they become blind to it.
I wouldn't blame any driver if they went the wrong way surely it is down to the company they work for to show them the right way.
Taking the wrong route is an easy mistake to make especially if any of the routes are simliar to others, I mean I wonder how many St Helens Drivers have actually been doing a 352 and left Wigan and missed the turning for Orrel and headed straight for Skelmersdale thinking they were on a 395 and also the other way drivers that have done a 352 turning left into Orrel forgetting that they are indeed on a 395, mistakes do happen especially when you doing routes that are similar to each other.
28548 is on the 41 if anyone wants a final ride of a Solar before they go

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Blimey! I didn't think that my commenting on X8 drivers stopping at non-advertised stops would generate such a response.

For the record, I've been travelling on buses (Crosville to the present day) for nearly 50 years & have always been willing to help drivers who are unfamiliar with a route. That can happen for many reasons, and I appreciate it can be a tough job.

What seems to be the issue is inadequate training, and I suspect, management pushing drivers into saying they're comfortable with a route, when they may not be.
24159 is another MAN at Rock Ferry, this is also 20/21 Branded

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21262 was on the 5 to Huntington this afternoon. Not seen a eclipse on here before.

User(s) browsing this thread: 25 Guest(s)