Current time: 26/04/2024, 07:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
Can't the two people get a train from Liverpool to Chester its much quicker! And they will arrive in plenty of time and they shouldn't lose their jobs.

Cool Life is for living !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
it would cost to much as you compare how much a weekly ticket is to how much it is on train

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
34231 back out today, was on a south wirral school service this morning, nice of them to fix it!

I am no longer active on this forum.
I've just read this on Facebook (and I'm not going to apologise for bringing-up the subject again because I'm not speculating anything - just posting something from somebody on Facebook):

‎"This week's Passenger Transport magazine (not online) says that
Wigan, Chester, Birkenhead, Northampton, Redditch, Kidderminster and
Somerset are for sale."

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
it was said on a blog somewhere that first was losing profits and they was going to sell certain depots that was making the least profits so i bet this will turn out to be correct

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(29/06/2012 13:26)27701 Wrote:  I've just read this on Facebook (and I'm not going to apologise for bringing-up the subject again because I'm not speculating anything - just posting something from somebody on Facebook):

Somerset are for sale."

I would not always believe what a magazine has speculated especially because Chester depot has recently employed new members of staff and why would they be looking to sell two weeks before the start of the QBP. Chester is certainly not going anywhere, First are committed to Chester and they are making a profit. Birkenhead isn't though and are losing a substantial amount each day.

I not ranting over this because it could happen because we know First want to ditch parts of their network.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
First To Sell Depots
Wouldnt surprise me if stagecoach tried for some of those.
(29/06/2012 14:31)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  
(29/06/2012 13:26)27701 Wrote:  I've just read this on Facebook (and I'm not going to apologise for bringing-up the subject again because I'm not speculating anything - just posting something from somebody on Facebook):

Somerset are for sale."
I would not always believe what a magazine has speculated especially because Chester depot has recently employed new members of staff and why would they be looking to sell two weeks before the start of the QBP. Chester is certainly not going anywhere, First are committed to Chester and they are making a profit. Birkenhead isn't though and are losing a substantial amount each day.
They may have taken on more staff and carried on with the QBP plans to strengthen the sale. If the QBPs are run jointly between Birkenhead and Chester, it's more-than-likely that the purchaser will probably consider purchasing both depots, rather than breaking a contract and messing passengers about (even though that First are messing passengers about by starting them in the first place when the network doesn't appear to be stable).

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
correct, i would like to watch and see whats happens with the wirral depot and wigan depot as it means first are in decline

Somerset are for sale."

Just seen it myself. If you search google for the mag it shows as one of the headlines.

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)