Current time: 28/04/2024, 05:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(28/03/2013 12:29)mbonwick Wrote:  There will be no change in ticket boundaries resulting from the licence cleanup - it's purely an administrative exercise at the request of VOSA. Both Ribble and GTL licences are already under the same management (Merseyside & South Lancs) anyway.

You can already buy a ticket in St Helens that is valid in Preston; the North West Megarider Gold price at £26 for 7 days. This is valid on all Merseyside & South Lancs services, and Cumbria & North Lancs too.
Using that ticket you could get from Wigan via the 113, all the way up to Dumfries or over to Newcastle.

Does anyone know whether the North West Megarider Gold would be valid in the Wirral & Chester areas? The publicity on the Stagecoach website suggests not, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the £10.30 dayrider can be purchased on this side of the water.

I assume that now the new ticket machines are in place, said ticket will be on the database anyway?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It is valid on Wirral & Chester as far as I know.

Essentially the ticket covers all services operated by MY&SL and C&NL.
The last update on the 'Tickets' page indicates the following text at the bottom of the page...

'The Day Explorer has no time restrictions and is valid on Stagecoach services throughout Cumbria and Lancashire, but only on services 2 and 2X/X2 within Merseyside.'

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/1-Dayrider-Merseyside.aspx

Drop the guys a quick email, they are really helpful and pretty quick with replies.
That's the former NW Dayrider though, not the 7 day Megarider Gold.
This morning just before about 10.30am at Backford cross roundabout bit further A41 to birkenhead before turn to Holm Oak Way, YK53GXL broken down just after roundabout (I think) but not know what wrong, the driver walking around the footpath, waiting for fitter on the way. YK53GXL heading route2 to Liverpool.
To many peoples suprise the park and ride 32 did not run today. Usually this would be the norm with the shops shut, i think stagecoach/council forgot they have an agreement with chester zoo to convey passengers from chester station to the zoo for which they make money on combination tickets sold.

They didnt bother telling anyone, and it seems those in the management at the zoo are not best impressed !

A reduced frequency at least would have sufficed .
The other park and rides were running. Very odd

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
On easter sunday ?
Not Easter Sunday. Yesterday they definitely were. On easter Sunday I take it there were limited services?

Other news one of the open top Olympians that were seen at rf is at Chester. I wonder when the tridents are due?

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
The 32 didn't run at all on Easter Sunday.

The 1 did though, from Bache.

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.

User(s) browsing this thread: 59 Guest(s)