Current time: 18/05/2024, 10:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Strike
RE: Arriva Strike
(24/10/2017 03:55)iMarkeh Wrote:  Mtl97, if you look at the routes though, why have a depot when all services are in close proximity to other depots like what has been said above. All staff in one place reduces office staff, rents, spare bus costs and so on. The only thing which would stop it happening and stop it making sense would be the extra fuel for the 1, 2 and 3 routes. All the rest can 'safely' be moved over to other depots.
I reacon Chester will run. In fairness, if Runcorn arent happy with it, they can just have the X30 come off the expressway, turn right, left into Halton Hopsital then turn around there missing out the busway and Beechwood. As Chester isn't part of the strike, it would be wrong of them not to run full service.

I do find all these posts on potential depot closures and discussion on reallocation of routes scaremongering and a little bit distasteful. It's akin to calling for the undertaker at the first sign of a cold (which could turn into the flu and then pneumonia and then death). Hopefully, this dispute can be resolved and no-one loses their job.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/10/2017 19:49)RedPanda Wrote:  Can we stop speculation on depot closures and future allocations and focus on what the thread is for please?
We're going way off topic

Well said Just love these people HammerHammerHammer
(24/10/2017 00:26)mtl97 Wrote:  I think arriva runcorn depot is safe, im surprised they closed warrington & haydock, their is a depot that i think is really under threat it has lost so much work it only hss 5 routes now & some buses ran from that depot yesterday, i think some of Cheshire routes were run by fesr of depot closures, i wonder how the chester drivers will feel driving past the picket line at runcorn next monday when the X30 is moved depots, im not sure it will run

Haydock work moved to St Helens with Warrington moving to Runcorn who also did the Warrington - Wigan services inter-worked with the 110 these only moved to St Helens owing to delays on the Runcorn Bridge,
We could never get it across to people and GM Travel in Wigan why a bus in Wigan would be delayed by the Runcorn Bridge

As for the X30 you will see on Monday
Trixmax, check the Arriva Chester thread. I wont post it on here as it isnt news about the strike.
It has been announced that further strikes are to take place on every Monday in November (6, 13, 20, 27) as well as Wednesday 8th November which coincides with the industrial action on Northern and Merseyrail.
(27/10/2017 11:15)St Helens Rider Wrote:  It has been announced that further strikes are to take place on every Monday in November (6, 13, 20, 27) as well as Wednesday 8th November which coincides with the industrial action on Northern and Merseyrail.

It will be interesting to see what Merseytravel do,
More Winsford depot services operating this time but Southport depot is only operating P&R services again: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-west/F...6f43036ad9
Is it managers running the Southport P&R ?

Who operates the site at Southport , is it Arriva or Sefton Council ?
(30/10/2017 12:41)wirralbus Wrote:  Is it managers running the Southport P&R ?

Who operates the site at Southport , is it Arriva or Sefton Council ?

I believe its 3 drivers that are operating them who are not part of the union and the council operate the P+R sites with just arriva providing the buses and drivers.
(30/10/2017 13:35)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I believe its 3 drivers that are operating them who are not part of the union and the council operate the P+R sites with just arriva providing the buses and drivers.

4583 & 2143 out this morning but only 2143 this afternoon, one of the inspectors? Driving pm, no sicuslly nesesery service to the Hospital though

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)