Current time: 26/04/2024, 05:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Strike
RE: Stagecoach/Arriva strike
Not sure if it has been mentioned or not but the proposed strike action at Stagecoach is now cancelled entirely (the 23rd/30th were still in place until today as there was a ballot on a pay deal) but it has been accepted so no disruption to Stagecoach services although I would expect on days Arriva are off they will be very busy, especially on QBP routes!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Arriva Strike
I suspect as many Double deckers will be out as possible today , not helped as it is still a school day , but unsure now how much school work Stagecoach still operate these days.
(18/10/2017 19:50)St Helens Rider Wrote:  In some areas during these strike days, it is going to be quite strange as there will no daytime services on some routes but the evening services will run due to the fact they are run by a different operator. St Helens generally being a case in point.

It'll be the same for many routes in Trafford - the daytime commercial service won't run but the evening contracted service will.
(18/10/2017 18:41)trixmax2000 Wrote:  Chester depot is NOT a CHESHIRE depot if in fact in WALES lets see if they will do with the 82 as a rule when any depot is on strike others will not run services in the affect depot area

I knew Chester is an Arriva Cymru depot but I didn't realise it was the Welsh side of the border.

Winsford depot drivers work for Arriva North West Limited, Chester depot drivers work for Arriva Cymru Limited (as you already seem to know.) If Arriva Cymru drivers refuse to do their usual work in support of Arriva North West drivers it would be classed as an illegal sympathy strike - no different to Network Warrington drivers walking out in support of Arriva North West drivers.
Obviously a number of North West drivers are still working despite the strike.

Quote:We currently have some services running out of our North West Depots;

Macclesfield

All services in Macclesfield area running to normal timetable (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 21, 38 and 130).

Winsford

Limited service is running (approximatly hourly) on the 1, 2, 4, 6 and 29.
Short journey on service 84 (Crewe to Nantwich only)
Limited service on 31 and 37 but only running between Crewe, Sandbach and Middlewich.

Wythenshawe
The following service will operate

Service 19
0840 Altrincham to Wythenshawe Bus Station
1136 Wythenshawe Hospital to Wythenshawe Bus Station
1200 Wythenshawe Bus Station to Altrincham
1320 Altrincham to Wythenshawe Hospital

Service 263
0910 Altrincham to Manchester
1153 Altrincham to Manchester
1258 Manchester to Altrincham
1408 Altrincham to Manchester
1513 Manchester to Altrincham

Service 247
0800 Trafford Centre to Altrincham
0910 Altrincham to Trafford Centre
1015 Trafford Centre to Altrincham

Southport
Park and Ride services only

No other services are currently running.

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-west/F...857e4358f4
Passed Green Lane Depot Eariler - It was strange seeing the yard full ! Hope this situation gets resolved ASAP for all parties concerned. Pics on Flickr if you're interested

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
(19/10/2017 10:33)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  Passed Green Lane Depot Eariler - It was strange seeing the yard full ! Hope this situation gets resolved ASAP for all parties concerned. Pics on Flickr if you're interested

Let's hope it doesn't last as long as the one in 1968. That was an all-out strike for 12 weeks!
(19/10/2017 14:25)Barney Wrote:  Let's hope it doesn't last as long as the one in 1968. That was an all-out strike for 12 weeks!

According to Merseytravel route 713 in Southport is also operating, note that a service is provided for the car park, but NO service to the Hospital!!. The buses on Park & Ride are 2143 & 4583
I was in St Helens before Ive Never seen St Helens Bus Station look so quiet before only Hattons, HTL and the 10A Stagecoach & 17 Halton were running
Looked like one Arriva bus was running from Bolton today. Interworking the 534 & 541

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)