Current time: 05/05/2024, 23:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Chester Bus Exchange
RE: New Chester Bus Exchange
Shame the Wrexham 1 and Rhyl 11 are not going to call at the Bus station

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/05/2017 17:00)T42 PVM Wrote:  Shame the Wrexham 1 and Rhyl 11 are not going to call at the Bus station

I do agree in principle about the 1, but I think it's already confusing enough having two services called 1 going to completely different places stopping at the bus station.
Find all posts by this user
Stagecoach depot. That is all. Otherwise Rail Station. That is it.
(22/05/2017 17:00)Lynx Wrote:  I can see stand B struggling from time to time. Is there actually anywhere to lay over though?

I believe Delamere Street will retain it's 3 stops.
Delamere Street is no good though when the right turn into Delamere Street has been blocked off. That means a bus has to go round the fountains just to get into stand. 5 minute layover or 5 mins late trying to find layover.
(22/05/2017 17:25)iMarkeh Wrote:  Delamere Street is no good though when the right turn into Delamere Street has been blocked off. That means a bus has to go round the fountains just to get into stand. 5 minute layover or 5 mins late trying to find layover.

You can wait at the bus station stand for 5 minute layovers.

Depends what your time frame of a 'layover' is considered as, I was more refering to longer layover periods of exceeding 15 minutes.
Longer.... Well No one knows.
(22/05/2017 17:25)iMarkeh Wrote:  Delamere Street is no good though when the right turn into Delamere Street has been blocked off. That means a bus has to go round the fountains just to get into stand. 5 minute layover or 5 mins late trying to find layover.

adding a total of 20seconds if not less if all the lights are green to the journey time, 2 minutes max if otherwise...
2 minutes. Getting round the fountains can take longer than that. Plus getting off George Street etc.
The Chester traffic light management at the best of times can be bad to get through , i do think there will be further timetable revisions coming up.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)