Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
New Chester Bus Exchange - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New Chester Bus Exchange (/showthread.php?tid=1280)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

New Chester Bus Exchange - YN05 WKE - 16/03/2017 10:45

Hello,
Are there any confirmed dates when this is due to open as it was origionally this month?

Also any confirm which buses are going in etc what stands?

I was reading a article that said virtual buses been in there is there anyone who agrees with me the bend in there will be too tight/narrow for buses to swing or coaches to swing especially if buses on stops?

To me its a poor design but what do others think?

RE: New Chester Bus Exchange - RedPanda - 16/03/2017 12:48

(16/03/2017 10:45)E208 WBG Wrote:  Hello,
Are there any confirmed dates when this is due to open as it was origionally this month?

I was reading a article that said virtual buses been in there is there anyone who agrees with me the bend in there will be too tight/narrow for buses to swing or coaches to swing especially if buses on stops?

I haven't seen it yet but this may be of interest https://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/documents/business/sites-and-premises/property-for-let/chester/chester-bus-exchange/ChesterBusInterchange.pdf

RE: New Chester Bus Exchange - chester285 - 16/03/2017 17:40

(16/03/2017 10:45)E208 WBG Wrote:  Hello,

I think it's been put back to April, the council may take control this month but it won't be open straight away
I like the design, but I think it's going to be very tight around that curve, plus I think the council have failed to take into account layovers!

RE: New Chester Bus Exchange - LJ51 DDA - 16/03/2017 20:04

Just looking at the image's on Page 3 i am not to sure if many would agree but where the roof slopes towards the road ( St Oswalds Way) would a double decker not colloide with it if using the closest lane to enter the Bus Station considering Service 1 Wrex-Ches is going to be serving it and they come from that direction?

RE: New Chester Bus Exchange - Lynx - 16/03/2017 20:07

I don't think swinging around the curve when its quiet will be an issue, however the whole station itself seems far to small taking into account the volume of traffic that uses the current interchange. It's easy to see how a breakdown could potentially cause chaos. I seem to remember looking at the original plans a while ago and there was a couple of spots that looked to be able to allow 2 buses to layover on each side, these seem to have disappeared.

RE: New Chester Bus Exchange - chester285 - 30/03/2017 21:38

(16/03/2017 20:07)Lynx Wrote:  I don't think swinging around the curve when its quiet will be an issue, however the whole station itself seems far to small taking into account the volume of traffic that uses the current interchange. It's easy to see how a breakdown could potentially cause kayos. I seem to remember looking at the original plans a while ago and there was a couple of spots that looked to be able to allow 2 buses to layover on each side, these seem to have disappeared.

The new bus station will not open until June of this year with the council blaming unforeseen circumstances, a test drive of the new station was carried out by stagecoach park and ride and a national express vehicle, it was mentioned that the test was a success however it's been rumoured the park and ride struggled to deal with the Curve in one go! Interesting times ahead, the identity of bus operators a has not been released

RE: New Chester Bus Exchange - Metroline1511 - 01/04/2017 09:53

(30/03/2017 21:38)chester285 Wrote:  The new bus station will not open until June of this year with the council blaming unforeseen circumstances, a test drive of the new station was carried out by stagecoach park and ride and a national express vehicle, it was mentioned that the test was a success however it's been rumoured the park and ride struggled to deal with the Curve in one go! Interesting times ahead, the identity of bus operators a has not been released

Now that the bus station is not due to open in June, I doubt I shall come to Chester in May after all. In a change of plan, i was beginning to want to combine the bus station with Arriva Enviro 400-City buses with Stagecoach Enviro 200-MMC (and maybe Liverpool routes 2 & X8) on the same trip.

RE: New Chester Bus Exchange - MTL0201 - 02/04/2017 05:55

Looking at the location, i'm surprised a second entrance/exit has not been built at the roundabout, buses could then have turned around there & still used the other exit, or maybe a sawtooth type stands instead like Warrington & Preston

RE: New Chester Bus Exchange - R557 ABA - 02/04/2017 11:30

(30/03/2017 21:38)chester285 Wrote:  The new bus station will not open until June of this year with the council blaming unforeseen circumstances, a test drive of the new station was carried out by stagecoach park and ride and a national express vehicle, it was mentioned that the test was a success however it's been rumoured the park and ride struggled to deal with the Curve in one go! Interesting times ahead, the identity of bus operators a has not been released

I've added a few pictures from that test by the council on my recent blog post.

http://thenorthwestbusblog.co.uk/tomharrison/will-new-chester-bus-interchange-open/

RE: New Chester Bus Exchange - mikestone - 03/04/2017 16:51

There are some interestingly placed bollards at the end of Frodsham street