Current time: 05/05/2024, 00:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Arriva livery
RE: New Arriva livery
(19/06/2017 23:21)tinytears87 Wrote:  2527 at the back of Jacko, ready to return to its home depot in its new colors.

TT

That belongs to Runcorn, but will be moving to Southport when the new gas buses arrive.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I noticed the rail replacement bus co-ordinators at Sheffield bus station on Sunday had what I assume is the new logo.
There is a new training livery been introduced on the commanders , being the same as sapphire but with a purple front instead of the blue front.
(22/09/2017 11:03)motormayhem1 Wrote:  There is a new training livery been introduced on the commanders , being the same as sapphire but with a purple front instead of the blue front.

I think it looks quite good myself
(22/09/2017 16:11)Y474 KNF Wrote:  I think it looks quite good myself

It surely stands out.
(22/09/2017 16:11)Y474 KNF Wrote:  I think it looks quite good myself

You're crazy Laugh

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
Stupid question, but what is the need to have a different "driver training" livery, rather than just sticking a few L plates on there (which can be more easily transferred between vehicles if need be)?
(24/09/2017 06:28)Valandil Wrote:  Stupid question, but what is the need to have a different "driver training" livery, rather than just sticking a few L plates on there (which can be more easily transferred between vehicles if need be)?

Personally, I think the old cream livery was better as it made the vehicle very distinctive from others which is exactly was is needed when in traffic. In the past - and I suspect the future - would-be passengers will assume that the bus is in service and will be annoyed when it sails past a stop.

AFAIK, there's a lot to it than simply putting a set of L plates on a vehicle and it becomes a training vehicle.
(23/09/2017 22:12)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  You're crazy Laugh

Someone has to. lol
(24/09/2017 06:28)Valandil Wrote:  Stupid question, but what is the need to have a different "driver training" livery, rather than just sticking a few L plates on there (which can be more easily transferred between vehicles if need be)?

A normal service bus cannot be used as a driver trainer, If you study a driver training bus you will see that they are fitted with extras such as another air handbrake outside the cab near the cab door (this is in case the instructor had to stop the bus in a emergence)
Also they are fitted with extra near/offside mirrors for him to also check all is ok some are also fitted with tables and another seat in the gangway for the instructor in some cases so will have had some of the saloon seats removed,
At the moment Arriva have a number of different training bus for different purposes, there are 20 been used of these
10 are test buses (none PCV holders to take test in)
5 are trainers and also used for driver CPC
4 are been converted for driver route learning
1 been just a trainer,
Hope this Helps

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)