Current time: 26/04/2024, 14:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Tenders
RE: Greater Manchester Tenders
Only certain contracts come with buses, e.g. the 400 in Oldham, the Manchester free buses etc...

at the end of the day though, I do want to see other companies operating routes I dont want a Firat and Stagecoach monopoly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/08/2013 22:54)jimbo Wrote:  Yeah this is true about stagecoach, but as for hybrids, tfgm do prefer them and some routes like the 159 are specified green routes

The 159 isn't a specified green route at all - MCT choose to use a green hybrid vehicle on the route.
TfGM can only specify a tendered service is 'green' when they provide the vehicles with the backing of the dept of transport.
An example being the 400 Metroshuttle in Oldham. If and when MCT loose that contract, whichever operator takes over would also receive the hybrid vehicle to go with it.
This is true with the 400; i was under the understanding that if a company says we will use hybrids they are more likely to get the tender
(08/08/2013 23:11)jimbo Wrote:  This is true with the 400; i was under the understanding that if a company says we will use hybrids they are more likely to get the tender

No because let's say MCT put in a price of £20,000 to run the 159 and they also say they will run it with green hybrids but Stott's put in a bid of £16'000 but will only use standard vehicles under the age limit which are low floor, TfGM must legally go for the cheapest option because at the end of the day it's tax payers money - which must be spent wisely.

MCT bought or have leased their hybrids purely for their own reasons, presumably to save on fuel, not to win contracts!
(09/08/2013 00:11)Mayneway Wrote:  
(08/08/2013 23:11)jimbo Wrote:  This is true with the 400; i was under the understanding that if a company says we will use hybrids they are more likely to get the tender

No because let's say MCT put in a price of £20,000 to run the 159 and they also say they will run it with green hybrids but Stott's put in a bid of £16'000 but will only use standard vehicles under the age limit which are low floor, TfGM must legally go for the cheapest option because at the end of the day it's tax payers money - which must be spent wisely.

MCT bought or have leased their hybrids purely for their own reasons, presumably to save on fuel, not to win contracts!

So enviromental considerations are not used in determining contracts as well as price .
(09/08/2013 06:20)wirralbus Wrote:  
(09/08/2013 00:11)Mayneway Wrote:  

So enviromental considerations are not used in determining contracts as well as price .

As far as I know at the moment no unless a certain contract has the backing of the dept for transport who could provide funding to either pay towards a contract or more likely pay towards purchasing environmentally friendly vehicles for a certain route.

This is why in Manchester anyway TFGM provide the vehicles on 'green' contracts and they are maintained by an outside contractor so that they still get a fair price for that contract.
Tfgm should have just announced their tender winners for next year, anybody got the info?
(28/10/2013 00:59)jimbo Wrote:  Tfgm should have just announced their tender winners for next year, anybody got the info?

No documents for October on the TfGM website. I would imagine it may be included in those documents, which will probably be available from next week at the earliest.

http://www.tfgm.com/Corporate/Pages/Corp...nders.aspx
Latest tender announcements http://www.tfgm.com/Corporate/Documents/...r-2013.pdf

not impressed tbh, I was told stotts and MCT were likely to win some oldham tenders...
Shame really id love to see a small company grow
I thought it odd that I was still seeing Oldham Depot Solos on the Oldham tenders, pity a stipulation that newer buses were to be used on these services wasn't put on the Oldham Tenders

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)