Current time: 19/04/2024, 04:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Tenders
Greater Manchester Tenders
510 bolton-bury
was up and its on VOSA with arriva showing a timetable change when in fact they have lost the tender

519 bolton-johnson fold
same as above people

can anyone confirm who now has these tenders (so soon will do) as no timetable change for first as of yet

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Greater Manchester Tenders
(04/06/2012 15:35)bolton bus basher Wrote:  510 bolton-bury
was up and its on VOSA with arriva showing a timetable change when in fact they have lost the tender

519 bolton-johnson fold
same as above people

can anyone confirm who now has these tenders (so soon will do) as no timetable change for first as of yet

Well, Maytree gained some tenders from Arriva in April (273, 561/562) and First have been bidding for lots of tenders in recent months, plus they run the Mon-Sat daytime services, so there's a good chance it'll be one of those two.

Other contenders would be SLT (Bury would be new territory for them), Rossendalebus and the outsider would be someone like Tyrer Bus.

May get answers in the next couple of weeks on VOSA and then towards the end of the month from the TfGM Committee meeting.
Find all posts by this user
should be good to see what happens really but a shame arriva have lost it as i know a few people used to pick arriva over first on a sunday due to the fact they can tell the time :P

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Arriva have lost quite a lot of tendered services in the last couple of years without making many gains (22 evening service and 494 Sunday service being recent gains).

In last couple of years, they've lost:
*13 to Go Goodwins and M Travel
*16 evening/Sunday service, 99 Mon-Sat daytime service to Finglands
*20 evening/Sunday service, 246 to M Travel
*63, 74/75, 138 evening service, 380/381/386, 621/625/626/628 Mon-Sat evening service to First (plus 484 which was on emergency tender)
*245/370 Sunday service to JPT
*Sale Minibus network (252, 260, 261, 262, 266, 267) to Go Goodwins
*273 Sunday service, 507/561/562 evening service to Maytree
*360 evening/Sunday service to South Lancs
(05/06/2012 13:49)trawscymru27 Wrote:  Add to this the 288 (now Connect 88), which they lost to GHA.

Quote:RE: Greater Manchester Tenders
i know when the 576 and 715 evening and sundays come up arriva are bidding for that and reason they lost 510 and 519 is due to the fact they never even bidded

bolton depot have been told a different story with the 510/519, here are the details

510, some trips will be ran by maytree travel but not sure what trips these are leaving arriva with 6 trips but again not sure what 6 these are
519, only 1 trip left with arriva being the 20:25 run not sure who got the others

keep an eye out for some more great changes in july!

(07/06/2012 19:11)bolton bus basher Wrote:  bolton depot have been told a different story with the 510/519, here are the details

510, some trips will be ran by maytree travel but not sure what trips these are leaving arriva with 6 trips but again not sure what 6 these are
519, only 1 trip left with arriva being the 20:25 run not sure who got the others

keep an eye out for some more great changes in july!

Only thing, I find dissapointing with that, is firstly didn't think for a second first would bid, they've had it before and back then it was weston street depot. Secondly Maytree ? well I hope they don't run it in lets say Sunday day, as its a busy route even on a sunday, and maytree's little buses would be totally in appropriate. It was just the same when they had the 512/513 bus no room on little solos. Ok Arriva still do some, think its silly though, still guess thats how it is

Rant over:P
i hope the 6 arriva trips is in the daytime on sunday lol

If it is 6 trips during the day on Sundays, that would mean running between 10am and 3pm, which would be a little odd. Or perhaps something like 12pm-5pm with Maytree running the first two Sunday journeys and the evening service.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)