Current time: 02/05/2024, 21:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Tenders
RE: Greater Manchester Tenders
Looks like cutbacks will see another service withdrawn, as Merseytravel says the 620 service between St Helens and Hindley Green will be withdrawn in July.

Bus number: 620
Run by: Arriva
Going between: St Helens – Hindley Green
Date service changes: 26 July 2015
What's changing? Service withdrawn
New timetable available? No – there will be a new 20/320 timetable produced
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Manchester Evening News (MEN) have written an article about the cuts to Supported Bus Services in April, Ok not exactly Relevant but some Services are also changing Operator on them dates and it would of been useful for them to point this out as well

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/n...B-MEN-main

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(12/02/2016 20:02)T42 PVM Wrote:  Manchester Evening News (MEN) have written an article about the cuts to Supported Bus Services in April, Ok not exactly Relevant but some Services are also changing Operator on them dates and it would of been useful for them to point this out as well

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/n...B-MEN-main

Typical MEN in that they have said what is being cut but not that they are in areas where there are other services running over the route (even if a change is needed) or that other routes are being rerouted to cover areas left unserved.

And 40 services in three years isn't thay bad given most are evening services (esp. Sunday), and that next door in Lancashire the situation is much more drastic!
(13/02/2016 10:11)Nicholas Wrote:  Typical MEN in that they have said what is being cut but not that they are in areas where there are other services running over the route (even if a change is needed) or that other routes are being rerouted to cover areas left unserved.

And 40 services in three years isn't thay bad given most are evening services (esp. Sunday), and that next door in Lancashire the situation is much more drastic!

Agreed the article isn't written particullaly well but some towns seem to be destined to left cut off.
Take Glossop for example. It was bad enough that the well used 236's were slashed to one 237 an hour but with the crazy timings it's no wonder it often carries fresh air leaving Glossop but now they intend to axe the eveving 202 so the town is partically stranded after 7pm.
Other areas of Tameside don't fare much better either.

As one person who heavily relies on evening bus services said to me the other day, perhaps it's about time TFGM rebranded the get me there 'get me no where fast!'
(13/02/2016 18:22)Dentonian Wrote:  Glossop itself is a bad example in this context, for the simple reason it is not in Greater Manchester, and therefore Derbyshire's responsibility. My first job on Monday, will be to see if TFGM can get some money by suing the MEN for breach of copyright, unless they actually asked for permission to reproduce the 99, 108, 109 Bus Guide map. It is no doubt significant that they chose an example from Trafford/South Manchester to illustrate their point. Given the MEN are obsessed with the eternal triangle": Salford/Trafford/South Manchester, maybe they should ask the Manchester TFGMC members why they can give free parking right across this weekend, particularly in the "poorer" part of the city centre (Piccadilly), but have no money to save "socially necessary" bus services?

As I understood it, it was TFGM that proposed to withdraw funding for the evening 236, DCC simply went along with it.
Are you now saying it's DCC withdrawing funding for the 202 or TFGM?

And how is Glossop a poor example? It's gone from having 3 evening services linking Glossop with 2 major towns - Ashton and Hyde, down to 1 poorly timed and operated service that me and many others can no longer rely on.
Worth noting from April there will be a fair few changes to operators on some tendered services, Ones i know about:

20 Altrincham - Timperley - Manchester Community Transport Trips will be operated by Go Goodwins
21 Altrincham - Timperley - All trips will be operated by Go Goodwins instead of Manchester Community Transport
70 Clifton - Salford Quays - All trips will be operated by Arriva instead of Stagecoach
88 Cheetham Hill - Manchester - All trips will be operated by First instead of Stagecoach
178 Timperley - Reddish - All trips will be operated by Arriva instead of Manchester Community Transport
246 Altrincham - Bowden Vale - All trips will be operated by Go Goodwins instead of Belle Vue
338 Ashton - Cowhill - All trips will be operated by First instead of Stagecoach
341 Glossop - Hyde - All trips will be operated by High Peak instead of Stotts Tours
348 Ashton - Carrbrook - All trips will be operated by First instead of Stagecoach
406 Oldham - Parks Estate - All trips will be operated by M Travel instead of Stagecoach
407 Oldham - Denshaw - Sunday Service will be operated by Rosso instead of Stagecoach
412 Oldham - Middleton - Sunday Daytime Buses will be operated by Rosso instead of Stagecoach
425 Holts Estate - Fitton Hill - Daily Evening Trips will be operated by Stagecoach instead of First
516 Leigh - Horwich - Sunday evening trips will be operated by Arriva instead of Stagecoach
583 Leigh - Hag Fold - All trips will be operated by Jim Stones instead of Diamond Bus
584 Leigh - Crankwood - Sunday evening trips will be operated by Arriva instead of Stagecoach
593 Wigan - Leigh - Daily Evening trips will be operated by Arriva instead of Stagecoach
658 Wigan - Leigh - Daily Evening trips will be operated by Arriva instead of Stagecoach

Seems to be a lot of Tender losses there for Manchester Community Transport and Stagecoach, I also think Arriva have won more trips on the 370 Altrincham - Stockport Service

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(14/02/2016 13:18)T42 PVM Wrote:  Worth noting from April there will be a fair few changes to operators on some tendered services, Ones i know about:

20 Altrincham - Timperley - Manchester Community Transport Trips will be operated by Go Goodwins
21 Altrincham - Timperley - All trips will be operated by Go Goodwins instead of Manchester Community Transport
70 Clifton - Salford Quays - All trips will be operated by Arriva instead of Stagecoach
88 Cheetham Hill - Manchester - All trips will be operated by First instead of Stagecoach
178 Timperley - Reddish - All trips will be operated by Arriva instead of Manchester Community Transport
246 Altrincham - Bowden Vale - All trips will be operated by Go Goodwins instead of Belle Vue
338 Ashton - Cowhill - All trips will be operated by First instead of Stagecoach
341 Glossop - Hyde - All trips will be operated by High Peak instead of Stotts Tours
348 Ashton - Carrbrook - All trips will be operated by First instead of Stagecoach
406 Oldham - Parks Estate - All trips will be operated by M Travel instead of Stagecoach
407 Oldham - Denshaw - Sunday Service will be operated by Rosso instead of Stagecoach
412 Oldham - Middleton - Sunday Daytime Buses will be operated by Rosso instead of Stagecoach
425 Holts Estate - Fitton Hill - Daily Evening Trips will be operated by Stagecoach instead of First
516 Leigh - Horwich - Sunday evening trips will be operated by Arriva instead of Stagecoach
583 Leigh - Hag Fold - All trips will be operated by Jim Stones instead of Diamond Bus
584 Leigh - Crankwood - Sunday evening trips will be operated by Arriva instead of Stagecoach
593 Wigan - Leigh - Daily Evening trips will be operated by Arriva instead of Stagecoach
658 Wigan - Leigh - Daily Evening trips will be operated by Arriva instead of Stagecoach

Seems to be a lot of Tender losses there for Manchester Community Transport and Stagecoach, I also think Arriva have won more trips on the 370 Altrincham - Stockport Service

Personally think it's good news that MCT are loosing some contracts, they seem to struggle with what they have got and quality and consistency is a real issue with them.

Interesting to see Rosso making inroads into Oldham. They have operated a lot of schools in Oldham and Tameside for a couple of years now but with the withdrawal of all subsidised services in Lancashire perhaps we will see them venturing further into Greater Manchester. Obviously those older will know that Rossendale have operated in Oldham in the past Wink
Just to let you know Tez one thing wrong in your list is that 425 should be the following:

425 Oldham-Holts trips will be operated by Stagecoach instead of First

Apparantly not to sure on this but I've heard that First are retaining the Fitton Hill-Oldham section of the route, once I know more I can let people know as I know quite a few drivers at Oldham Depot including the odd ones on 425 roster.
Derbyshire CC website states that High Peak will take over the 202 weekday service from Stotts on 27 March.

http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/transport_r...efault.asp
(17/02/2016 21:25)Dentonian Wrote:  That answers the question about funding; If it was TFGM the change would be from 3 April

Again though is it the early morning short 202's or the full eveving service.

Either way it means Stotts will continue to operate the daytime 341's for another week while high peak take over the 202.

Also while the weekday 394 is withdrawn will the Saturday service contine?

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)